The Batman is diarrhea.

Essentially Alfred and Penguin are the next dynamic duo that should be hitting the screen. I’d pay top dollar to just run it all into the ground so they can go back to square one.

Well no but it seems implied because Miller’s Batman was darker and grittier than any that had come before, with a grueling physicality that highlighted the brutality of the story’s violence. Without that you would just get Adam West Batman, a comical relief fighting villains like Egghead or condiment man or worse kite man!

That can be said of basically any other interpretation though. If you take the stakes/suspense or the in context seriousness out, it becomes either intentionally or unintentional campy/whimsical/funny.

1 Like

Ya I’ll just agree with Frank Miller himself then,

FRANK MILLER: Batman’s just a terrific character, open to wildly different interpretations. If you look at the animated version with Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, that works. The old Adam West show works. The Denny O’Neill/Neal Adams run was remarkable. Dick Sprang, Bob Kane, and through to the stuff that I did with cops and men, and on to other people’s versions, he’s astonishingly versatile. He’s kind of like a diamond. You can throw him against the wall and you can pound him with a hammer, but you can’t break him. Every interpretation seems to work. Hell, when I was a kid, they had a comic come out featuring the Rainbow Batman of all different colors. When I was a kid, I bought it and loved it. You can do it badly, but you can’t really do it wrong.

But look what it leads to, the Batman film and this…Hobo and Black Batman!

Maybe I’m the one wrong and that’s ok, there’s no canonical way Batman is supposed to be so it doesn’t matter, it’s just disappointing and makes me want to be into something else now 😔

You wouldn’t say that if I agreed with you.

1 Like

Behold, the Dark Knight:

1 Like

I have not. I gave up in all DC comics save Swamp Thing long ago. They have betrayed themselves

Lol MY WIFE JUST ATE THAT! 😂

But is it betrayal if it is what it claims to be? for Batman or who ever you like is still them, if not the many iterations but it’s still them and it doesn’t matter anymore 😔

jokes on you, the image is of prop cheese, ha!

The Batman was absolutely fantastic.

Will be seeing it again in i max today… don’t do yourself an injustice.
Go see the movie.!!

Only thing I can side with on this bs thread is cat woman’s roll.

Ps. Who ever did sound design for the bat mobile deserves a fucking Award!!

1 Like

SILENCE that scratchy cat tongue, lest I unleash a horde of my most entitled Karens upon thee!!

Broh… he’s a billionaire. He’d already been batman for two yrs. Yet he’s still rusty as hell, like he’d done no prep work. Keaton’s Batman had been in action for maybe 6 months and had all his bat-business together beforehand. Better.

Bale’s batman was shown putting his gear together before going out and kicking asses. The only thing he did without his proper gear was make contact with Gordon. Better.

Bruce Wayne is a mask for Batman. He fakes being nonchalant and a playboy to keep up appearances. He knew that had to happen going in. This Bruce Wayne sucked. No getting around it.

Batman shouldn’t necessarily be fighting ninjas etc, but those scenarios were handled better. We got a gritty brutal batman already. A better handled gritty, brutal batman. Better cast, better directed, better lit, better shot, better costumed, better equipped, better everything than this one. You’ll just take whatever is given and praise it, as long as it’s not Clooney. And that’s the problem.

Maybe go chew some grass, ya sheep.

It’s a betrayal if they change an established character they didn’t even create at the fundamental level (frank miller!) because they feel like it. Having a big story arc like Capt America Secret Empire is one thing because the change is temporary and resolves itself at the end, fine but to make stuff the new norm that isn’t the character is crap. Or, you could pull a Miles Morales and use an alternate universe version that is a different person entirely to play around with.

Oh ya then show me then 😝

Ya tell that to DC and Marvel then 🤷 😔

I have on several occasions. But since they don’t listen to anyone but themselves, I’ve cancelled nearly all my subscriptions. When Swamp Thing ends, thatll be the last DC title for me. Hulk and Star Wars are the final marvel titles in my list. Sad, really. They actually make even worse changes out of spite, like this latest iteration of the Punisher. But at least there’s decades of old stories to read.

1 Like

Wow I found something cool! BEHOLD SAINT BATMAN!

PREACHER BY DAY, VIGILANTE AT NIGHT

🤣🤣🤣

Don’t be jealous lol