THE DOMINION OF THE PLANET OF THE APES controversial fiction

I LOVE IT , let’s get this financed

1 Like

Everytime tony pope gets a notification back to this thread , I do a bump of coke and smile for 7 hours .

2 Likes

Gotcha. As I am a homie, I will help you.

@Tony-Pope
@Tony-Pope
@Tony-Pope
@Tony-Pope

That should keep you going for a while

2 Likes

This is mr.popes secretary, he has been rushed to hospital

1 Like

Dammit. Send him here, I’ve got the knowledge of how to reverse an overdose.

1 Like

Oh , it wasn’t an overdose , he got an exclusive interview with Dr.fauci

2 Likes

Well it’s like Godzilla scenario, the great part of the show is that it was a guy in a suit, same thing with Ultraman

Well except Legendarys and Shin Ultraman

2 Likes

For the period it came out it, it was a hoot and i was like 8 years old which was about 10 or so years after it came out. Today i can’t really stand to watch them again. I think some how there needs to be a re-assessment as to what really makes them fun at any age. The new Shin Ultraman looks interesting but it needs to lose a few cgi problems before it really takes me. What was successful with Shin Godzilla was that it look really well rendered to the point where a substantial amount of the gojira reallly looked like something in the environment it was filmed in.
This one ultraman looked really cgi like and to me needs to be more like the fan made one which has more indication that material of the suit is actually rubber. making it look more realistic .

This is the fan made one

This is the offical shin ultraman

I think it was the reflections and the musculature that really sold it for the fanfilm.

1 Like

It’s artistry, the guy who made evangelion made it look that way on purpose and it will get better in time, like legendarys Godzilla, it got different dorsal fins every movie iteration

1 Like

I hope they change it in shin ultraman, but ultimately its just that the cartoon aspect is probably a proof of concept. They started with something that was purely of imagination and sticking with it (with serious undertones) gives the other aspects a much needed injection of dedication. There are two sides of the coin, the human and the make believe. Still I love the acting and the actors and actress in the new film. It solidifies the concept. It actually looks like a sequel to Shin Godzilla.

the shin series is really more a testament to modern tastes rather than commercial success.
I mean shin rider isn’t going to sell to kids at all, neither shin godzilla. but then it was geared towards adults anyways. at least the adults who still love pulp fiction.

1 Like

Is shin Evangelion really just rotoscoping of motion capture? hmm. not my cup of tea. There is a new Shin Kaymen rider, but to be honest, Shin Rider from the 80s looked more cooler. There is yet to be a Shin Guyver which ultimately jumpstarted the whole shin movement anyway.
A Shin Guyver without furries and just add Yautja…yes.!!!

1 Like

Well according to this

The pair have based their Ultraman on the conceptual artwork by the late Toru ‘Tohl’ Narita, the artist who shaped the look of the Ultraman Series as the chief character designer for ULTRA Q (ウルトラQ, Urutora Q, 1966), ULTRAMAN and ULTRASEVEN (ウルトラセブン, Urutora Sebun, 1967-68). Higuchi and Anno were particularly inspired by a 1983 Ultraman oil painting by Narita, entitled “Incarnation of Truth, Justice and Beauty”. The artwork closely resembles Ultraman’s look in the classic shows but lacks the Color Timer on the hero’s chest, a late addition to the Ultraman suit that Narita disliked.

1 Like

back to the OP Please! @TheSenate @ElderPreddy, your thoughts?

I was thinking what if they went back to the classic look of the Apes (mono designs of each ape rather than the fanciful hair designs of the TimBurton stuff and kept the pseudo charm of the Mayan clothing but completely loin cloth the situation). You get to see more feral ape bodies and musculature of apes(i’d like to see details in musculature in the CGI) and hairy bodies using primitive tools and such . They didn’t have much clothes making knowledge so like privative tribal cultures on earth like those in the Amazon you’d have older weapons and tools but a tribe that utilized the chemistry of the surroundings. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were alot of deaths in the ape society due to a shamans experimentations.

1 Like

Sounds good. Perhaps focus on the experimentations of medicine a little such as the advent of antibiotics like penicillin from penicillum mold etc?

1 Like

yeah man, lets say that lots of strange shit appear in the jungle but maybe the Apes immune system is super durable and take in everything more so than any other species.

I think the emphasis that they are truely the super human.

1 Like

That would be accurate. Lots of diseases are lethal because of the body’s response and attempts to clear it that make the lethal symptoms like meningitis, fever, etc
Apes and neanderthal’s systems are less hyperaggressive, and so they were able to survive many more diseases than humans

1 Like

My only missing storypoint is how the fuck did they get to be that way? Many think that most Primates evolved much later in the prehistoric times like after the ice age where the first reptilians set foot on land then becoming warm blooded over another million years. Essentially primates didn’t come into existence until the dinos died out. But I’m probably mistaken. I’ll need to journey down a rabbit hole for that!

But what if, hense the point of this story, is how would they have existed during these times? Without actually having been beamed downed from space? Could they have been brought here?

1 Like

No that’s about correct. There were small proto-mammals during the time of the Dinos. Maybe feature them as dog-like pets of the apes?
Maybe make it so that the ape body structure is re-evolved in the future or small enclaves of apes survived and repopulated when we discovered them in the fossil record.

A possibility could be rather more fantastical- that being there might have been some sort of time travel anomaly in the caves nobody knew about. Something naturally occurring that suddenly dissappeared that the apes used to go back to when the dinos existed.
hmm…I always like a good fantasy.

Ridiculous as it may sound, but maybe the lead character in the story had took some time to address a time anamoly in his ship and through AI landed the ship in a secret cave and the AI opened up a doorway to the past- thus allowing all those in the future who went through it to journey back in time! You’d see the characters dead bones, but a bunch of primates millions of years after the iceage, where apes journeyed through it leading them right back to where our journey began- a place where gravity was different and allowed them to grow into it! Fascinating stuff right?
There is just so many millions of years a time travelling dude could do with the assist of AI that could alter the course of the future in so many ways!

A possibility of the time travel idea: The post-human apes eventually figured out time travel and attempted to go back and stop the human downfall. Something goes wrong, and they are sent back to the Dinos, and after a few generations lose most of their tech and the ability to make more, so have to resort to the survivalist life of apes before, but ultimately becoming a dominant species of the planet before their time. Enter the human, who was sent before the downfall of humanity back in time to study the dinosaurs. Human discovers apes, goes like you said. Reveal that ape time travel accident etc at the end for a twist & explanation.

1 Like