The Secret Meta

Alright so this build in particular i’ve used a few times on various premades that’ve ive run into

i said i’d do this here

i went against scoutz team for example

along with some others i got some screenshots but i’d have to upload em

ok here we go NOW YOUR MILAGE MIGHT VARY gonna post this in this state and edit the rest so just give it a minute

SO this build is DEGENERATE AS FUCK
our class could probably be any of the melee classes however for my particular taste which i’ll explain shortly were using the viking (now hold on i see you on your keyboard keep reading) his passive melee DMG+ is soo high that the 1st katana hit + bleed does more than 60 damage so 2 hits would down a recon whom has no defensive buffs which is pretty good and it costs no stam (which is important) has really good range and the tracking IS SO STRONG YOU CAN KEEP UP WITH AMPHIB RECONS (NO JOKE) as long your swinging and the first hit landed and his hp pool is soo large you can keep up the pressure in a fight for far longer which means your going to be whittling all that more efficiently (theoretically you’d want to always trade about 5-10% of your hp every swing

our primary is the katana were full on weebs here

our secondary can be literally anything you want i use the disc as i need a spying/ranged harass tool also it’s really good at knife fighting in a situation where you wanna box someone and not use the katana and in my case if i lose it it’s really not a big deal if anything if there wasting ammo on it that means that ammo isn’t going into me

were gonna use the gear medkits (shocker i know) and BT’s get used to tossing them when you’ve downed someone or just during the scramble of a fight in order to stop people from doing stuff don’t forget to always jump cancel tossing one either

perks are gonna be Big pouch Fearless Adrenal Gland

big pouch cause the name of the game is resource depletion when you’ve got 8k+ hp in medkits it starts to really matter how much Ammo the FT has however keep in mind if you trigger 2nd wind you might be dead depending on the map but realistically you can get away from literally anyone or anything cause of Adrenal gland you have infinite leaps literally nothing can catch you unless your dumb
Fearless for katana (duh)

so obviously your still gonna do some the same shit as other classes like trigger alarms fire plasma blasts when you need to maybe shoot them with whatever else you chose to bring
but the main meat of this build is very simple flowchart

Are they in a camp?>Yes?= get your katana> leap once> swing once> jump cancel> /then/ either swing again or leap away perferably behind something prepare to leap a 2nd time and do the same thing again (obviously sometimes let stam regen/energy regen when needed) if someone is out of other FT LOS you can swing more than once remember you can swing through walls and if someone is bleeding there making noise so it’s easier to track em in case there trying to run around

the idea here is to whittle each swing is roughly 60-70 damage that’s half of some ft hp bars which also means 2 swings=heal they can only have 2 Syrrettes per person and 2 medkits which has 3 heals on it which you could destroy with your handy dandy plasma canon

eventually they will run out of ways to heal against you or they will be downed so many times they will just die you just have to make sure your not burning through your medkits at the same rate and not to get a stealth kill as you will die if it happens and someone happens to be alive
using traps is super effective if you see someone get downed if you really want to confirm a kill or go for 2 obviously if they have a field medic you should just attack them and when they get downed toss a trap on em most of them seem to be running self revives anyway

in my experiance this works very well when were dealing with such high damage outputs/ health pools against all ranges as your never close long enough for a bad TTK cause it’s just one swipe and your out they take 60 and if your far enough away you get perfect cloaks to avoid any serious ranged damage if your smart about your movement you can get a lot done this does mean you have to be really really good at more split second decision making and your spatial awareness than just making pincushions with a bow or a plasma canon as you have to be pretty smart about your leap trajectory and locations as you don’t want to be sprinting too much in case you get greedy and you gotta keep track of where the FT is while only seeing them for seconds before your looking at a wall again

this is also why it’s so important to only engage in camps or locations with buildings or other just fucking walls you wanna jump in swing jump out over and over and over again in the right location you can cause them to burn through all of their healing supplies in just 5 minutes let alone their ammo (which i have cause some FT to run out of ammo as they say a voice line automatically if a weapon runs out of ammo which force swaps to their other gun or their knife)

on pretty rare occasions i run out of medkits if it happens pray for pigs they tend to be pretty plentiful if you’ve spent a while fighting i usually try to kill them inbetween fights while i’m waiting on resource generation so later if i run out i can go back and pick em up (eating pigs on viking is faster than medkiting so do that whenever you can) but if you get no pigs then uh… blow yourself up you got the tools for it and getting T’s is better than holding L’s one of em affects your winrate and the other does not

make sure you cancel medkit healing if it’s pretty close to 100% (i’m talking +85% and you haven’t roar’d it’ll save you alot of time

2 Likes

Yea it was a neutral win. You exploded and we didn’t claim your tech so you didn’t necessarily win either. My friend had told me that I stated the definition of a neutral win wrong. You didn’t get claim by us either. So it boiled down to a tie.

right but a tie isn’t an L therfore better

Yes it basically means no one won. You incinerated yourself and we didn’t die. So it’s a tie. Aka neutral win. Shadow had explained the definitions of a win and a lose for both sides, and also a neutral win.

Shadow said we can fight again however for the fun of it. So neither side took an L but neither side took a Win.

right we both know the win/losses conditions i’ve had to explain it to people enough times
if a bomb goes off it’s not a win for FT (the daily win hunt matches proves this) and we assume it’s not a win for the predator (though the in game info claims you retain your honor or whatever) which means it’s probably a tie which is not a loss therefore it’s strictly a better outcome when someone like me is looking strictly at wins/losses (unless a predator win daily ever comes out to change this assumption)

obviously i’m certainly fine with facing your boyos again if you feel like it just have to catch me on sometime i’m usually on for quite some time on saturdays

as it’s said very beautifully

Wtf is this guy on?

Nvm I re read what he said. I see what he means. Either my team will exfil or claim the predator body. Never do we end a match with the predator getting a successful SD.

Add me on epic I will show you in private (just me and you it’s not a match just testing) why the katana can be coutered so hard just by walking around the Predator (net gun or not). Except for the 1st swing, the rest will miss. Also the problem of melee based class is that you jump in , you down one, and have to run away in second wind because Viking and Zerker are slow, no stamina and with large hitboxe.

Yeah, usually run large pouch and medic, so I’ve been doing that for a while to keep the pressure. Usually, I’ll burn a health kit when I’m at 20 to 15% and I’ll be close to full health, before the roar.

As far as that meta, it does sound strong. I remember trying the Viking with the katana, and it was good until I got bluescreen parried before the patch.

My usual counters to preds that leap in and out are cooked grenades and sniper trades.

1 Like

So much sweat in here I’m drowning 🤣

right with but cooked grenades you can’t really do anything about it’s instant damage you just have to survive all you can do is keep track of how many grenades they have and try to bait out their grenades

1 Like

we sure can if you like My EGS is the same as my forum name here

I sent you a friend request. Join me on Dicord.

The True Secret Meta
P L A Y .F T .F O R .E A S Y .W I N S

2 Likes

Your strategy sounds good but I feel like a more range-based style is more viable against pre-mades. In my experience, I’ve had better success using ranged tactics against premades and good teams.

Facts.

1 Like

That is correct. That is why is a loss for FT.

There are 4 end cutscenes:

Helicopter hovering over the blast site - FT loss, Yautja retains honor (win)
Pred screaming at helicopter - Pred loss - FT win
Pred screaming with human skull - Pred win - FT loss
Camera staring at map - the result of a timeout with no deaths; Draw

Independently of how people feel (mostly the blast) it is a win for Pred. It is its last resource to win the fight and retain honor. That is lore accurate.

1 Like

To much description I need visuals