Underrated and/or Forgotten Movies

I said that I have a lot of fun with his movies, not that he’s a great director, ahahhah

I mean, I suppose if I got SUUUUUUUUUPER high, I might have fun outside of the 1st mummy, but it’d have to be the kindest bud on the planet.

The first two mummy movies were decent for their time . As for deep rising ? Its a pretty solid horror action flick

2 Likes

I don’t remember deep rising, but the mummy 2 sux

Totally fair, I think they are decent but not great

still tastes are tastes, as long as we know it everything’s good
(for example “I love AvP more than Alien” but I’d NEVER say that “AVP is better than Alien”, beacuse I know Alien is objectively a masterpiece; the important thing is to be conscious of when we
just like something and when is truly good)

Yeah, you can like something that’s ridiculous, for example I love Godzilla films, obviously but recognize that several are just schlock.

2 Likes

Speaking of The Mummy

1 Like

Mullet of legend…

1 Like

I rented Guyver 2 when I was a kid because it looked badass. My brother was playing Metal Gear Solid a lot, so he freaked out when we found the connection.

1 Like

Mummy returns was great you pleb. We got The Rock in CGI form AND two hotties having a half naked sword fight. It was a good time to be going through puberty.

…wait, what is the connection between Guyver and MGS??
(sadly I haven’t seen it yet, but I want to from a long time)

If you haven’t seen Dark City, fuck you.

3 Likes

David Hayter is the main character.

BTW Guyver 2 is free on YouTube right now. I dont think you gotta watch the first one, theyre pretty silly… but badass if you’re like 8.

2 Likes

Nice, thanks!

Yeah 😁 , its a pretty cool connection. The first guyver was good but the sequel was better even with a lower budget . I’m suprised there was never a reboot , I haven’t seen any of the anime but I might try find some

Dudes done a lot of notable work but it all comes back to him being snake lol. Lower budget movies often have that cult value around them though, not everything has to cost 50mil to be good.

2 Likes

Most of carpenters work .

Dark hero is always my preferred choice even though I really like the first one . The original was just too campy

2 Likes

Carpenter did well with little funding because he’s actually got passion for his craft and made things work. He made most of his own soundtracks too which was always like a signature feel to his movies.

2 Likes

I love his soundtracks, they always added a creepy vibe like in the fog and precinct 13 . I see he done the soundtrack for the new firestarter movie?

He does live tours performing his soundtracks , next time he is in Scotland I plan on going .

Shit I didn’t know that was getting remade but yeah looks like he’s doing the music. Apparently he was supposed to direct the original but got booted cuz The Thing flopped.

Also Kurtwood Smith is in it and I haven’t seen him do squat since That 70s Show. So I’ll be checking this out, thanks for the heads up lol

1 Like