Useless weapons

I’m not sure you are aware what noises come out of the audio decoy… but when it starts to make FT members voices, when you all your team is down or the classic (bug, maybe?), a female voice even though there was no female character in your team… is a dead giveaway of “get outta there” lol

The ak mows the instantly

The disc is nearly a 1 hit down ppl just need practice lol

1 Like

right but the audio decoy can also make predator noises such as their clicking, vision and cloak turning on /off, and roaring albeit i do wish instead of FT voicelines it gave npc voicelines from the soldiers

i dont know if you are aware, but the music gives away the predators position with heartbeat sounds before he is even close enough to make an impact… audio decoy lures the FT into a false sense of direction when close enough… when the stealth game and light torque arrows with constant leaping, you wreck the FT cause they cant pinpoint your exact position due to the audio decoys.

1 Like

This is my take just based on my personal usage of the weapons. All of this is purely subjective.

Fireteam
• The pistols are useless with the exception of the revolver, that thing hits like a truck.

• The only shotgun that is useful is the second one you unlock.

• The grenade launcher can be good if you can catch a Pred claiming and are good at bouncing the nades off the ground first.

• The minigun is purely situational as in if you can dump some rounds into a claiming or leap stunned Pred. Can be good.

• The LMG us good for close range melty goodness but that’s it.

• The assault rifles are a mixed bag, each one has its purpose. The M4 is weak but it’s a laser at all ranges and reloads very quickly. The AUG is very good at close range for high dps but dont be sniping with it. The AK is good at close and mid ranges but had atrocious reload speed. The SCAR is slower ttk than the AK but it maintains higher damage at range. The Hammerhead like the M4 with higher damage , a very good all round weapon, plus impact grenades.

• The sniper rifles are high skill high damage weapons. The bolt action and .50 cal are similarly matched in dps, but it’s easier to make follow up shots with the .50. The M14 I feel is overlooked by a lot of sniper players, its damage output is quite high with its fire rate, making it versatile in long and short range engagements.

▪Smgs… the UMP is king with the Vector coming in second.

Thanks for reading =)

1 Like

also you should look at this before you think the AK is bad literally the best close range gun in the game right now

hmmmm not really, even in the hands of great preds it still gives away their position.

also the LMG is better then the AK there is a better alternatives to the ak

Then throw it from a place where the FT can’t reach you, like the top of a building or a tree. If you are using the disc from the ground, sorry dude, you had it coming.

shity gameplay for the disc, again its not worth using, even more tho when the disc get stuck, i prefer my plasma gun.

Yeah, music always gives away if the Pred is close or not.

I mostly wait for foot stomps and tree climbing sounds to figure out where it is anyway.

I don’t know why the lmg is better it seems to take way longer to kill a pred and is way harder to be accurate 🤷‍♂️ But the disc does have its bad moments the best time I use it is when someone’s in a Baer trap 🤷‍♂️😂 or running away or running to me lol

1 Like

M14 and the Revolver. Those are my weapon choices in all my loadouts.

Perking up I usually go overboard. Scout gets Boost Stamina, Speed and Predator damage. I can outrun most predators easily and catch and kill them once they go in second wind. Recon gets pig in shit, ice cold and silent. Makes me almost invisible to the Pred. I’ve seen more than a few walk right past me.

1 Like

the problem with the AK is it bleeds through ammo to really make an impact, its recoil isnt great for the midrange game even with weapons training… the AR4 is far superior with its range and recoil and the LMG is far better in close quarters with high ammo count and added Yautja’s Bane it mows the pred quickly specially when they go for a claim or a melee combo.

1 Like

War Club…still

The Grimtek 9mm is useless. So is the AR whatsitcalled first rifle. They really need some love. The .45 could use a little too, it’s not totally garbage but still not usable. The autoshotty is worthless and the Grenade launcher needs impact grenades again. We have them with the hammer head now and it’s not OP, c’mon now let’s make some sense.

Pred side, only thing not debatable is the war club. Absolutely 100% useless. Everything else is user preference really.

Bro. Tell me you mean the minigun?
Because LMG is like 6 seconds to kill at medium range & the recoil is a joke + huge magazine that only needs half to down a zerk solo. You can do everything but snipe with it - its a minigun except its accurate as hell in comparison and has no spin up.
Most meta weapon in the game because anyone can use it and miss all they want still down pred in 4-6 seconds of fire. But miss with an assault rifle you are now reloading and screwed.

I usually use the hammerhead Cuhz it mows the pred like the ak by burning through ammo but it’s better accuracy and a lot more controllable in genaral

2 Likes

i agree 100% with you. hammerhead is great its as good as the AR4 and it has a grenade launcher to flush out mass AI or destroy mission objectives that need destroying to save those sweat sweat bullets for the pred.

1 Like

I guess I havent used it enough.

I’m not disputing any numbers on ttk it’s just from my personal experience on how I was using the weapon

I’ve been loving the AK recently cause of its damage, and the fact that some Predators can’t tell if it’s AI shooting them or a FT member.

1 Like