what is your opinion on the designs of predator armor in P:HG

for me they look too futuristic

i like a good balance between average armor elements and futuristic elements, i feel like the designs in this game seem like they have way too many lines or the lines are too closely packed together to make it feel like a yautja’s semi-tribal semi-futuristic armor and instead goes too ham with the futuristic element

^ this has way too many lines and shiny parts and segments to give a good yautja feel or to give you a sense of “that’s the antagonist” because it’s too bright and futuristic to give you a feeling that it’s not your friend

^ this balances out segments of smooth and rigid / spiky armor pieces with more tribal elements and a few futuristic touches to balance out the aesthetic and to give it a cooler and more antagonistic vibe

overall i think more tribal looking yautja give a more yautja vibe to them and separates them with all the other generic aliens that come to mind when you think “alien”

4 Likes

It’s not bad, but it’s a little too sleek and shiny. Needs more of a utilitarian and reptilian look to it. The last good Pred armor design was for Wolf - it got the right balance between adhering to the original aesthetic, and modernizing it.

Obviously, I don’t count the ‘history cosplay’ DLC as those aren’t really Predators.

4 Likes

We need an option for customization of the armor, either make it bloody with either Yautja or human blood, or battle damage like dents/scratches/weathering

It’s fine but Predators aren’t limited to this style of armor

1 Like

I’m okay with it.
But, I wish I understood more about it.
Lore wise.
But, I doubt there is lore behind why these yautja choose this style of armor in this particular jungle

Honestly.
I would hope to see a more Tribal Set.
Composed of Cloth and subtle Bone links.
But, from the home of the yautja.
Not based off Indian lore or some mimic of human influence.

But I of course have no faith in any of this coming to light.
It’s still nice to dream though.

4 Likes

yeah, i mentioned that too in this thread, Cool things I would like to see. (XENOMORPH FREE) - General Discussion - Predator: Hunting Grounds (illfonic.com)

also briefly mentioned it in this one Bad Blood Mode - General Discussion - Predator: Hunting Grounds (illfonic.com)

tribal yautja seem more intimidating to me

1 Like

that thread was from back when i used grammar on the reg

is it indian or african? it doesnt look hindu or bhuddist to me. more like tribal african

It’s OK but looks too shiny and new. Needs to look like it’s several hundred years old at least.

2 Likes

There needs to be a battle worn cosmetic option for the armors.

1 Like

“Indian Lore”

was an example.
The images used, a separate example.

Defining Tribe and Tribal

Since the words
Tribe

Urban
and
Tribal
Are rather loose but easy to use.

Since I’m unsure at what your asking for.
I’ll say this instead.

I want to see Predator Armor that is Tribal to their home world.

That represents the rich environment their kind comes from.
From bones of creatures on their planet.
To materials and clothes they made back home.
In patterns that THEY as a SCI-FI fantasy badass alien race think are Spiritual and Important to them as a race.
AKA: Yautja Prime.

What I think Illfonic will do

Much like the Predator wearing Viking armor, and Samurai Armor.
If I saw a Predator wearing this.

ONE of ASTEC’s WARRIOR “Armor” (as example)
I personally wouldn’t gravitate towards this.
Since this is Astec history.
Represent Earth … again.
Instead of Yautja Prime.

Even the leaks of “TIKI”.
I love Tiki’s, I think it be cool to have an armor set on them.
But it doesn’t sell the true badassary of a Yautja and their kind for me.

It’s still just “dress up” in the end.

Awh well, sorry for Ranting at you mass.
My Fan heart strings have been broken lately.

DONE23

1 Like

no i get it. Just rambling here. I know you know the difference. No biggie.

It’s fine, generic but fine. They created something unique for their game but yet still average enough to bring back nostalgia
Of course I’m rocking 87’ skin so fuck the rest 😜

That one Red mask with the holes on the head loooooks WILD.
I wish I had a hand on that for a read.

Still, cool stuff.
I WISH we had a Bad Blood mode, or really anything at times…
But, Sorry I never dropped by to look!

@MassImpact124
p.s Like what you did with the pixel Yautja Skull 👍

It’s basic, which is it’s entire point, especially with the supposed elite armor coming. So ya bad but reasonable.

Like iron sights, though in general I resent begginer gear being pointless in general.

This 100%

1 Like

This right here. Sums it up nicely.