Wristblades shadow buff

You do have second wind, multiple infact. I can put an arrow in your skull and your teammates just pick you back up like it’s nothing.

Not that I don’t like it, it just need to be a little bit more balanced in the favor of the 1 over the 4.

Plus reinforcements

4 vs 1 is kinda unfair to begin with. The Predator should have access to all their stat boost and weapons and a larger pool of stamina, and energy as well as health. Just with the understanding that 4 people are vs 1 Predator by themselves with the AI also targeting them as well and apparently cloak doesn’t work to hide the Predator from both the AI and the FT there needs to be a little bit more favor towards the player who stands alone.

just saying, that is how these games are supposed to work…

I don’t think there will ever be 2 predators fighting against each other. The combat system right now is just totally not build for that shit.

1 Like

Then all the talk about the balance will inevitably happen again, first when we have human vs human doing gun damage to each other and then again if Preds do ever get to fight.

This is why I think game designers should have to learn how to play table top games. I think they’d build better systems if they asked more questions about what they might do in the future.

I shoot you with a gun that should spray your insides out your back and other than your health bar decreasing it has no effect, doesn’t slow you down, you don’t get hurt (ie. slow or bleeding effect).

It’s a video game that’s supposed to be fun, but all I hear is people complaining it isn’t real enough… but only for the side they’re against.

1 Like

I imagine a predator combat in this game, with the lunge attacks and no block mechanic, looking like you repeatedly smash 2 action figures against each other.

2 Likes

It will feel like childhood for 5 minutes

(More so for those who grew up in the eighties.)

If they want to give me a dev kit, I’ll gladly rebalance it more realistically so all the different types of combat are fun.

If the health system had health and armour, it would have been easier too.

Lol I always imagined it as two preds hitting the melee at the same time and parrying eachother before getting melted by the FT.

But to be serious it is doable we did get heavy attacks in the form of a katana, weapons with a block or a counter as an alt attack aren’t out of the equation - they’re open to adding stuff.
Not that melee will ever be optimal anyways, but preds netting eachother is something already coded into the game the mere fact that the animation exists is suspect whether its placeholder or otherwise.

So from 30 to 35 damage without Fearless? That’s it? Wow I thought it was more considering it’s pushing you to quit. I was expecting some game-breaking numbers (like three hits to kill a Support with Thick Skin) or something. I think Illfonic might have purposefully buffed it because it’s not a very big increase. If it was a bug I’d be expecting some huge game-breaking increase (because it’s an Illfonic game).

most good preds have a thing called domino effect… one down is a supreme opportunity to snowball out of control

It’s actually a big deal because a berserker with fearless can 4 hit kill an assault with thick skin. A spear throw body hit from a predator with down range does 126 damage, with one additional wrist blades hit that would be 161 damage in two attacks. So it makes a big difference. I have nothing more to achieve in this game so that’s the only reason it’s pushing me to take a break. At the very least until all the bugs are fixed, especially the random double damage on melee hits.

Yo @OldKingHamlet could you mention this to the dev team to make sure it was intended? since it’s not in the patch notes my man (and i’m sure they’ve heard about the melee double hit bug plenty of times)

1 Like

That’s why observant is so overpowered and why quick claims shouldn’t be so easy to get. Once an decent predator player gets a single permanent kill and heals up to full health. The fireteam is screwed unless they get a redeploy. I wouldn’t mind removing redeploys if quick claims were also removed, but it’s not my predator game to make. I don’t like the direction illfonic seems to be going either, but I guess it looks better if the predator wins more often even if they have no ability to plan and execute a coherent attack.

If the predator had everything most of these form players asked for, this game would be absolute trash with every predator just running around slashing until everything is dead. You have many hogs, up to three full heals with large pouch, multiple weapon damage buffs the past 4 or 5 updates, you can no longer be spotted if you’re not moving, invincible traps, and you now have 90 seconds before the fireteam can redeploy. Illfonic is basically holding the hands of these predator players leading them to injured prey, and they still cry and complain because they can hack it. It’s not even an accomplishment to get a “trophy” anymore. It’s just sad for as much of a predator fan that I am, this game is moving away from that original concept of hunting dangerous prey.

I feel like we have completely different experiences as FT… Do you lose alot? or are you refering to the experiance of random play? in which case your point of view is understandable and i’ll just nod as it’s reasonable then

but like otherwise i feel like we are playing very different games I suppose it’s worth mentioning i never play random quick play as FT only ever with premades as thats the way the game is intended for the FT to work together to overcome the predator and finish the mission

and as predator sometimes i’m doing lots of quickplay or of the boys are on we get in privates and rotate farming VT and doing a serious game about once and hour or so

Unless the devs have stated this to be true, it isn’t. Quick play with random’s is how the game is intended to be played. The majority of the player base are playing with random’s, probably more than 90%.

Games like this can not be balanced for high level team play or random’s don’t stand a chance.

That’s not the point. No I don’t lose very often as fireteam. But most of the time predators play like garbage. Then when you run into a predator that knows what they’re doing it’s rarely a battle. At most, you can delay the inevitable, but there isn’t much back and forth or hope to just escape. I don’t mind losing, it’s how it happens that matters. Actually, losing in some other videogames to players that make interesting decisions or take risks can be very fun.

When I play predator. Every team I played when I used the hunter with bow, combistick, observant, large pouch, downrange, and bear traps had no chance of winning. None. I would have had to make a huge mistake, but this game is very forgiving to the predator in my opinion because hogs give back so much health so quickly and they patched in the ability to leap in second wind, which wasn’t available in the first few weeks or so.

I don’t mind this, it was a good balance change. (Kinda hate when they heal in a tree but you know how it goes.)

The amount of health from pigs is bit more of a sticking point in my mind, cause it lets/teaches Predators to be reckless.