Yautja are not honorable - change my mind

Funny but true. It may not be so regarding tactics but in terms of loyalty and duty the NINJA were actually more honorable than the Samurai. Samurai betrayed each other left and right. The Bushido code is actually a romanticization just like Chivalry of Knights. The Code wan’t even really written out until the 1600’s AFTER the end of the Fuedal Period, in a time of peace, when the Samurai were no longer even necessary, lol. Contrary to popular belief, both the Samurai and Ninja had honor codes. Bushido focused on self-righteousness and reputation. The Way of the Ninja (Nindo) focused on always completing their mission, never betraying their current master/employer, and self-perfection in the sense of not being greedy or over-emotional. They also didn’t harm the “innocent” aka uninvolved non-targets that may accidentally get in the way. I imagine the Pred Code more like Nindo than Bushido.

2 Likes

unnamed (2)

5 Likes

Honor involves some restraint from barbarianism or tyranny. Yuitja show restraint by not employing their best technology during hunts. They gimp themselves with archaic gear during hunts. I’d like to know what a Yuatja military looks like …

In the game AvP Extinction there’s two predators there called the Hydra and the Blazer both of which are considered part of the military class of hunters.

So original predators from Predator and Predator 2 are bad bloods? Not that I mind, just stating the fact

According to the rules Dentdesabre have posted he already was a bad blood

But he torn apart an older (and fat) lady quz she had a small pistil that she probably did not know how to use XD

I can work with that

Just gonna put it out there, ignoring AVP and AVP:R is ignoring the majority of media that shows us how Yautja really function. Ontop of that, PREDATORS is NOT a soft reboot, as they flat out reference the Val Verde incident. If it was a reboot, it would ignore all that came before, and it’s also still considered canonical by fox/disney.

You can’t just pick and choose what counts and what doesn’t. Unless official sources have flat out stated, in an official capacity, that said thing does not count, and the fact that “The Predator” canonizes the events of AVP basically disproves your little “these ones don’t count” bit.

Beyond that, they have an honor code, consider it their laws. Different clans can interperate these differently.

Jungle Hunter was quite honorable. I undrestand what you mean by taking out the prey one by one from within his cloak. HOWEVER he did not deem those people worthy prey, they were in the way of the one he deemed worthy, Dutch. And ultimately, when it came down to it, he decided to fight on “even” ground, de-cloaking, removing his plasma caster, and putting himself on essentially even footing with Dutch. [which ultimately got him killed]

City Hunter, while a total asshole, Did ultimately the same, he faced down his main prey in a 1v1 fight on equal footing, wristblades vs disk, and was technically at a disadvantage given the wounds he sustained in the fight prior. In both cases, neither hunter broke the rules of the hunt in that they never attacked an unarmed person. [remember, everyone on the train that died, was armed for instance.]

And it wasn’t DC that engendered the idea of them as honorable hunters, arguably DC has WORSE breaks in “honor” just read “Concrete Jungle” where they literally put a tracker on Dutch’s bother, and are basically invading New York.

Most of what we know of Yautja culture, comes from the AVP comics/novels and the AVP films overall.

Not really no. The main reason into that it’s because when a predator hunt he have always a phase of observation for class the worthy trophy and the more precise of his hunt. When the big prize is selected killing his teammates like in predator 2 and 1 are an excellent way to anger your prize (dutch and harrigan in the first two movie) making them more dangerous and angry. When its done you offer them a one on one dual. Like at the end of the first predator movie or at the end of pred 2 . Hell even the damn gang on predator 2 have that chance. King Willis received a honorable death as some of his man who where killed by the city hunter uncloaked

1 Like

Exactly my point - I’ve been rewatching Predator and Prdator 2 for the past 20 years non stop and I just can’t find ANY honour code or warrior ethics in those movies - writers clearly did not intent the creature to be that way - the AVP hero character bushtit.

Lol? The honorable fighting at the end of predator 1? The numbers of honorable dual in pred 2?

Yes BUT

Anytime chased down Dutch fully cloaked (cloak was shortcut by accident) and attacked him with shoulder cannon (he thought it was him) despite knowing Dutch is now unarmed. No honour or warrior ethics in that at all.

Harrigan openly challenges Ghost by shouting “You want me! Here I am” and then Ghost shows himself to Harrigan, takes his shoulder cannon of and offers him a equal dual… NO HE DOSE NOT - that sneake sonofabitch tries to cloak and tries to kill Harrigan with a projectile range weapon… where is his honour code? Isin’t Harrigna his main target?

My mind remains unchanged friend ;-)

Nope, there was no honorable fighting - 2.5 tall alien beating the shit out of you when you are scared and wounded is not honorable - its a sadistic way to prolong the hunt

Blockquote
Anytime chased down Dutch fully cloaked (cloak was shortcut by accident) and attacked him with shoulder cannon (he thought it was him) despite knowing Dutch is now unarmed. No honour or warrior ethics in that at all.
Blockquote

you’re attempting to put human honor values on an alien species… just… think about that for a second. If you want a human’s take on Yautja society and honor, read the AVP trilogy by the Perry’s.

1 Like

Any threat is part of a hunt if even if she’s older she is armed

No no! You got me wrong! 70% of predator fan base is doing that, I’m trying to get the to convince me that this is the case (from what I can see you know it’s not ;-))

For Christ sakes she was F A T !!!

1 Like

She was armed, doesn’t matter. Remember, Scar was going to let Bishop Weyland go, until Bishop attacked him with a makeshift flamethrower, at that point, he was fair game.

To even further my point, you mentioned dutch being unarmed… which is wrong, he was using a bow and spears at that point in the fight, and explosives.

3 Likes

So… you got sum against fat ppl :0

Jk but they only kill who pose a threat and take trophy’s of the bigger threats so killing her/them was needed or he could be dead if he ignored and got shot

1 Like