You're a bitch bro, you're a bitch

And we wonder why the pc pool is so small…

This thread basically turned into the last one.

Seems like ppl still haven’t learned.

Sorry pc playerbase :(

3 Likes

And to justify it as “skill” is ludacris.

Unless another person has the same "tools’ and capabilities.

Otherwise ludacris.

1 Like

I don’t think anybody is saying using macros translate into skill, what I’ve seen said is that macros don’t trump skill. They just make certain actions easier to pull and more consistent.
I’ve seen people using a macro for the pistol, I’ve tried to replicate with basic button mashing, it works!

We have an issue before with the net braking macro, devs fixed it.

Again circling round here to what @GreyBack said.

If anyone plays with these “tools” knowingly going up against someone without the same “tools” it’s morally unjust no?

Might as well only play with other macro users no?

Console players don’t not have the same luxury of “macros” and must mash every button without the aid of a macro.

I cannot full auto a glock… no matter how fast I mash the fire.

Righ, going to go buy a PS4, bust the controller up and then demand everyone uses a defective one just as well. We can go trough numberous hardware even PS people can buy to perform better then other PS people. Where does this stop? Like even using headsets over TV speakers its an advantage? I mean let’s create separate ques for people with headsets over people with TV speakers.

Oh and you can buy a PS MK combo, perhaps you can even set up macros, never tried it. Bottom line is, if we count any individual with superior tech as cheating I wonder where we stop.

So… we can agree advantages can be achieved with tools correct?

Tools other players are unaware of or might not be able to achieve yes?

I’m figuring out where to draw the line and you just don’t want a line lol

I am telling you there is no line since we will always have people with different hardware even if this game would be PS4 only. The only way to draw a line is the developers make a line.

Again, you can even set up a mouse and keyboard on a PS5 and argue other PS5 users this is cheating!!

But I’m talking about… macros.

Why we diverting?

I would say that cheating is not standard on PC, it is just easier. There are many PC players I played against, they were better than me, but not super good… like they were not able to empty full pistol clip in 2 seconds into me or snipe me across whole map. It is probably common to cheat across those Discord PC Elite players because they defend using macros, low graphics details and so on. In their wicked logic they say it does not give them such great advantage like real cheat would give them, thus it is not cheating.

I don’t mind them at all, each time I see them in my lobby I simply left, not wasting my time with them. Sometimes they even stream their games and you can see many people leave from their lobbies too. Then they cry here on forums that Playstation players are potatoes. I agree with them, Playstation players are potatoes against cheaters. I just enjoy seeing their rage comments if I point out that they don’t play fair. Sometimes I wonder if they are so stupid or just trolling, like when one of them suggested that abusing macros is OK because it is not explicitly prohibited in EULA.

1 Like

How am I diverting? I am telling you that while macros provide an advantage by making it more consistent and easy to do, it does not matter since you will always have people with different advantages. So anything can become cheating.

Game is doomed.

Every game dies eventually but the macros are not going to do it. I don’t use them, had a friend I played with, did not use them and I think the vast majority of PC players don’t use them. There is really no point, its not highly competitive to even give a damn with rankings and what not.

Maybe it is PC STANDARD to cheat in country you live. It is common sense to not abuse macros so developers do not state it explicitly.

You can simply shut me up by asking Illfonic. I will publicly apologize to you and all PC Elite players if Illfonic state it is OK to use macros in this game.

Again, you’re saying its cheating, I don’t think its cheating, don’t see why your opinion is superior to mine. There is no macro abusing, there is using macros and that’s it.

I also told you I don’t even use macros, I just find it as absurd to state its cheating as someone with no headsets (TV speakers) would call someone with headsets as a cheater, or someone on PS that would buy mouse and KM combo to perform better.

I also don’t want to shut you up. You are quite free to your opinion. But the fact that when people where using macros to get out of nets the devs did not ban anyone or even attack anyone for it and just FIXED THE PROBLEM (the perfect choice) should tell you something, just saying.

You are diverting from topic again, stop talking about headphones and your “line”. Nothing is black and white, but there is common sense which tells you what is OK and what is not OK.

Let me show you what you and @JelouGaming say:

Using application - cheat which add automatic fire to pistol (by modifying running game) so you can empty pistol clip in 2 seconds just by holding a key is cheating.

Using application - macro which send key presses so fast so you can empty pistol clip in 2 seconds just by holding a key is not cheating.

Using keyboard/mouse - macro which send key presses so fast so you can empty pistol clip in 2 seconds just by holding a key is not cheating.

I say cheating is still cheating, no matter how you achieve unfair advantage. So again, if you think using macros is not cheating, go and ask Illfonic.

1 Like

Straw-man/false equivalence argument. Physical wear & tear of equipment is an entirely separate issue.

If I could enable a macro to automatically lock-on bow shots on targeted isolated players, or one which highlighted players wherever they were on the map, would this be fair?

It seems to me that some players are perfectly fine with getting any type of automated advantage over other players no matter how game-breaking, and a fair competition is not a consideration. Sort of like athletes who take performance enhancing drugs.

2 Likes

I am not diverting, you keep complaining about advantages some players have others, are you not able to understand a comparison?

I can empty the pisto in 2 seconds by smashing the button… Just saying.

I will put it simple, many games online have an anti-cheat that would not allow you to use certain scripts or programs, they stop you or you get banned, never with a macro! Does that make sense?
Games take into account for macros, that is why you can macro a pistol in 2 seconds but I can also smash the button and shoot it in 2 seconds.

If an advantage is cheating we get back to the comparison you seem to think its diverting the discussion and any time of hardware that a PS player has that the other PS player does not have is cheating.

Now I am not the one that has issue with macros, you go ask them. If we are not allowed to use macros let them say it but this will change nothing for me since I don’t use them anyway.

Nah, its perfect fine comparison, if an advantage is considered cheating, anything(that is an advantage) is cheating.

Macros in any game that implements its shit right does not allow you to do anything you can’t do by just clicking. So if a macro can allow me to empty a gun in 2 seconds, then I should be able to do so by smashing a button and I can.

I don’t use macros so not even that last part of your argument does not make sense. I use ONLY full auto weapons.

1 Like

Basically, your argument seems to be ‘anything goes and anything is acceptable’.

We’re talking about macros and their use. You don’t use them, but you defend the right to use them. How does it not make sense?

Ok, so why do macros exist, and why do people bother to use them? Answer: because they make things easier - and in many cases a lot easier, which gives an unfair advantage over those who cannot participate in the arms race to optimize their setup to make things as easy as possible.

At this point, I wonder what do you consider cheating?

1 Like

Nowhere have I said everything goes and anything is acceptable.

I am defending the use of macros because I don’t consider them cheating, you can advocate for things you’re not doing personally. I would be doing it if I would feel they give me SOMETHING but in what I do and use in this game, they are useless to me.

I’ve said why people use macros, they make whatever you want to do easier and more consistent but you can replicate it with no macros but its harder and not as consistent. Yes, its an advantage.

I consider many things cheating but not macros. I’ve said this a few times, my kb and mouse come with prebuild macro keys and software, no games has EVER banned me from playing with them or with that software running. The hardware/sfotware its from logitech, not some backyard pirate.