You're a bitch bro, you're a bitch

It was kinda common, but not everyone had one.
I think I only ever had 1, they were cool to play with, but for a pvp setting it just ain’t cool.

I’ve played on those old consoles that had cartridges or wahtever those where called and after that, after quite some time I got directly a PC and after it started gaming exclusively on PC. The controller we had were only those standard that came with the console.

Cheating, as defined universally by every game out there, is officially limited to changing game files or hacking executables in order to provide an advantage.

Any turbo or macro function will only perform as fast as the game allows you to, so in essence, they are exploits, not cheats

Either way, I don’t use that macro anymore (which really, only works with one gun in the game). Not because I feel is cheating or people called me out, but because it got boring after a while when it became so easy to win using it.

I still use custom keybindings and I dare someone to call me a cheater for doing that when controllers with paddles out there, that allow you to customize every button in it, are allowed in e-Sports tournaments

1 Like

I’m really not interested in trying to twist wordplay just to try justify clear cheating.

Using 4 medics is not cheating because it was intended.
They were put in game.

Fkn lame thing to do, but not cheating.

However, hiding under the map, and using turbo macros, are.

It doesnt matter how you try to word it, how pretty you try to make it sound, its cheating.

Cause literally by your definition then anything goes.

If we play tag and I bust out a gun to clap you so you cant tag me, oh well, fair game its not official so anything goes!

Like ffs.

You have a pretty warped perception of the world And have funny but kind of fucked logic to try to justify shit.

Idk maybe I’m reading into it a bit too much but it’s kinda disturbing.

Not so much for this situation but what it can lead to.
Like I feel like given the situation you would totally fuck over someone and ruin their life just to get what you want.

Maybe, maybe not.
Lol.

3 Likes

Exatcly its 2 different definitions
I’m not really on either sides really I’m just throwing my 2 cents in. Lol

Ya those were typically what I had.
Idk google it I guess.

But I’m pretty sure you know what turbo is.
YouTube it.

In a pvp setting its cheating.

I believe you dude, I never PVPed on a console. Only on PC.

“Using exploits is seen as the same as cheating” ;)

Read more https://www.thatvideogameblog.com/cheat-vs-hack-vs-exploit/

WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CHEAT, A HACK AND AN EXPLOIT?

Gilad A

Save

Cheating has long been a part of gaming, and a part that people either tend to love or hate. While some people see cheats as hidden features in the game to enhance their experience, others see using them as backing away from the full challenge of the game and losing out on some of the experience the developers created. Others do use cheats, but only grudgingly when they are stuck and have tried everything else to beat the game ‘normally’.

Of course, non-standard ways of playing don’t just cover cheats. Aside from mods, which are a user generated way to alter a game, there are not only cheats but also hacks and exploits that many games have. Here, we look at the differences between them.

Cheats

Cheats are the things that are actually coded into the game, and are, these days, usually a feature included in the game’s design. In the olden days, those combinations of button pushes that would unlock cheat modes were put in the game to enable testers to fully test the game without having to be able to actually beat it every time, which were leaked to the user community in various ways.

Over time, as cheats became important to gamers, they began to be included and left in intentionally. Lots of places now supply cheats online, making it easy for the user community to find them should they want to, though cheat codes in their classic form are becoming less and less commonplace as developers want to promote fairness in games played on a multiplayer basis.

Hacks

Hacks in games, as in life, are just ways of doing things more simply. They can help you gather resources or progress more easily in a game without actually cheating or using exploits. Hacks are not technically cheating, but taking shortcuts or knowing how to use the game interface especially efficiently.

Exploits

Exploits are another thing players often like to know about to help them beat a game. These are not cheats, which are intentionally coded into the game, or hacks, which are clever ways of playing the game, but ways of exploiting bugs or oversights in the game’s design to make things easier on yourself. If for example you find a weird thing in a game that allows you to get more coins or ammo when logically you shouldn’t be able to, using that to boost your resources is using an exploit.

Using exploits is seen as the same as cheating, because you are playing the game in a way it isn’t supposed to be used, but it can also be a good way to get past the ‘grindy’, less challenging parts in things like RPGs. Exploits are usually discovered by players themselves and posted online.

As you can see, there are subtle differences between the different ways of cheating at a game, but all of them can make playing easier.

Read more https://www.thatvideogameblog.com/cheat-vs-hack-vs-exploit/

1 Like

I meant more so you can see them.
They were kinda cool.

It was like using codes lol.

1 Like

Those are cheat codes, not just cheats.

Hacking Ain’t cheating?

Holy fuck you people are far gone.
This shit is just fucked up.

No joke, this shit is twisted beyond all hell.

Pretty scummy.

1 Like

Exactly my man.

" it is the fault of the programmers that such an exploit exists in the first place. However, technically, as with live sports, it is cheating if the player is not playing the game in a formally approved manner, breaking unwritten rules."

You tell me where can I find the PHG written rules…

On private matches we set rules. On public matches, there are no other rules other than those set by the game itself. You may consider it scummy, trashy, “you are bitch bro”, whatever, but if the game allows it, it is game, as much as you may hate it.

I consider 4 field medics an exploit. You don’t. Others consider spamming the plasma caster an exploit, I don’t. You see… everyone has their own perspective.

1 Like

If it’s in the game itself it’s fair game, if the devs dont like it they can fix it.

Its just like in the games warframe and destiny, people has found and used exploits, did people get banned no they just fixed it.

1 Like

By this logic, then like I said you can literally kill ppl In any sport, because technically theres no rule saying dont kill your opponent.

You realize you sound like someone from wallstreet or something trying to word stuff in a way so it sounds good enough to justify completely fucking over anyone just to get ahead.

Because that’s what that mentality leads to, and why we have so many people who fuck others over.

If you cant see that, it’s a serious problem.

Luckily its just a game but it’s what this type of mentality can lead to that Is pretty fucked up.

1 Like

Diffrent aspects, different scenarios, different outcomes.

PC playing is essentially an arms race where anything goes. A macro that effectively turns a pistol into an automatic weapon? Sure, why not. Another that limits recoil? Yeah, fine.

On PC there isn’t a level playing field, and individual player skill, while still important, isn’t the sole factor. The other significant factor is how many little ‘player aids’ you can utilize.

Now I say ‘player aids’ as I don’t want to accuse anyone in this thread of cheating, but as I’m playing on a platform that doesn’t have anywhere near this level of crutches to help you play, I do find this shit very shady and morally dubious. To the point where I would say if you’re using macros which obviously do give you an advantage (on top of the significant M/K advantage) and make playing easier and more automated, turn your crossplay off and stick to playing other PC players who are more likely to have the same ‘anything goes’ approach to these ease-of-play add-ons as you do.

Playing PS4 players while using these is not cool, and it’s things like this that have contributed to the perception of PC players being cheaters.

4 Likes

I want to assure you that even if we consider macros fair, the majority of us don’t even use them.
I would also like to point out you I can pretty much replicate the pistol shooting with regular button smashing.

Personally I run ARs and SMGs. So no semi-auto for it to even do anything.

We already had that discussion two months ago. You can speak your bullshit all day long, but using macros is simply cheating. There are games which developers take more seriously, than casual P:HG, and in those games if they detect you are abusing macros they will ban you permanently.

I’ve played countless games, never have I even received a warning if I was using any type of macro.

You have nothing to suggest its cheating, to the point the developers flat out BAN THEM its not cheating, its PC gaming as regular. But after months it would seem you still don’t get that your OPINION is not fact, not unless you can point me to the devs outlawing macros.

1 Like