Balance: what is it?

Yeah no doubt people would struggle with the footprint system. I mean for goodness sake I’m still seeing people run off to the other end of the map on their own. But I’m sure those people could learn it overtime.

This game is in dire need of a rework imo. But yeah, haha that won’t happen anytime soon.

Yeah I get what you mean. At first I was hopeful that the game will grow but now I’m just…eh, like what is going on? What’s with all these damn shaders we’re getting? Why is there hardly any communication? I still think this game will get better eventually but as of right now I’m just tired of it. A lot of companies have lost their ways. I get that this is a business and their main goal is to make money, but some of the shit these companies do, is as you said, shady. What’s worse is that are people that will defend it.

Yeah there are some people that can’t handle any negative comments about this game. But if you think the forums are bad for that…wait until you see the subreddit.

I get why you want to drop gaming. It’s just not as good as it once was. Companies are now realising half assed games that are broken and unfinished and charge for more content afterwards. It’s crazy how people let this bullshit slide. As for me personally, I don’t think I could ever drop gaming. There’s a ton of great single player games out there and for me, that’s where my passion lies. Playing a SP game with great gameplay and a good story to tell. I don’t mind a multiplayer game here and there, but I find that multiplayer games are the ones with the most problems.

2 Likes

I’m fine with the eye glow as its movie accurate. Thermal filter does look too clean especially if you compare it to avp2010’s thermal. Ideally we get to pick vision modes/mode styles at some point because they’ve been unique to each pred lorewise.
From there they can give each vision mode a niche -
Footprints, consumable detection, better sound indicators etc but first there has to be a reason to play with thermal on in general. You should feel crippled when youve got a thermal nade in your face but nope who plays w/ thermal on to begin with

2 Likes

I suppose it wouldn’t be too bad to make them semi visible. Yeah I could probably see that work now that I think about it.

1 Like

True that.

Edit

Those good story games really are far and few in between these days. But they really are the best parts of gaming now.

1 Like

For sure. Its too clean. But its also weird when it comes to how it appears on pred and the ft. Its fugly. Its also hard to make out features of the terrain, so traversing with it off the trees is a bitch lol.

I dont mind the glow either. Im just saying that like it or not it is a point against using it.

Edit

Just adding a bit of green in with the blue would help create enough depth and detail to fix the terrain issue imo.

2 Likes

Hey thank for doing that 4 me

1 Like

I just think to many people take my attitude towards this game as though I hate it. Especially considering the negativity that ive been pretty much glowing with.

But the reality is, its not hate. Its disappointment. Its sadness. Its something that goes beyond just this game, and yet here hits home considering how much effort ive put into trying To direct the game somewhere thats better for everyone. At this point Its not really the game that im disgusted with anymore. Its the community. Watching it all go to hell hurts. But realizing that being sent there is what we deserve hurts more.

2 Likes

Dude that was deep

1 Like

Indeed.

Edit.

Shit man i didnt realize how deep it was till I reread it myself. Lol.

I think we agree on most things. The predator was supposed to be fast and stealthy. It’s such a tank on this game, but the people run in swinging melee get lit up and there crying the predator is weak. Watch the movies. Melee is for weak or weakened pray only.

1 Like

I fully disagree. Predator in this game couldn’t be further from a tank. Case in point on backwater just now they’re in that water area (worst design ever). I leap into a crouch on a roof to drop a trap on them. Three of them are directly under me. A mudded fourth guy crouch hiding in a building I couldn’t see INSTANTLY second wind me from full HP. And I mean instant. It was in the time it took for me to hit L2 and drop the trap and then be able to move again. So what’s that, 2 seconds tops? Seriously, fuck that. Who the fuck even play tested this game? A bunch of potatoes? And as FT I simply cannot recall the last time my team didn’t successfully either exfil or murder the fuck out of the predator, with that being the more frequent scenario.

3 Likes

It definitely depends what pred you are playing. But its not so much that predator is tanky. Its that the only play style the game offers you, is to rush in and melee. Ranged weapons suck for the most part. The game encourages a rush and crush playstyle when it really should be focused on dividing and conquering.

2 Likes

What im hearing here is…

Give predator more anxiety
Give predator less time for his gameplay
Ruin predator feel for gameplay

No offense but that is all i hear…

Current quick claim is already too huge and you are able to second wind someone

Perks are already broken as they are and if you are asking me predator should be able to see footprints of mudded fireteam members without all perks… I WILL KEEP SAYING IT, PREDATOR MECHANICS AND GAMEPLAY OF PREDATOR IS LIMITED BY 60%

2 Likes

I quick claim people while they’re being revived and get away without being second winded all the time. It’s kind of troll like, but kind of funny, too. I’m hoping if I piss off enough players doing that, they’ll join me in asking for a nerf. Just don’t do it in front of all three FT.

I play as the sole survivor allot, I mean really allot. In public matches, people try to duke it out with the Predator once he attacks; whereas, I’ll fight long enough to make Predator fall-back to go heal then continue mission. That way he has to try to locate us again, or at least myself.

What transpires most-often is FT stays right where predator attacked them. The Predator heals, slaughters the other 3 FT members while I’m completing objectives.

Then I go for reinforcements and bring them back, they do the same shit, get wiped again… and by this point I’m about done with mission and heading to exfil.

I exfil successfully quite often surprisingly enough — all by myself.

1 Like

Sounds like how I played a lot of matches. Unfortunately, if a predator lays traps on either the reenforcements or exfill and/or runs observant, you’re screwed.

1 Like

I agree 100%

Yeah, I do my best to avoid them and my fav build runs with Sixth-Sense to spot those pesky traps and such.

My main strategy is to stay hidden, and constantly use misdirection.

Last night, I started objective, once FT showed up to objective — I darted south threw audio decoys at the village by the water. Agroed Ai, they pulled alarms sent troops, the Predator was so busy fighting them he was no where near the FT doing mission all the way northwest lol.

1 Like

Sixth sense is great. Illfonic even nerfed it by increasing the cost, but, since the traps are indestructible, they still get you killed at reinforcements or chopper, even if you know they’re there.

I concur, that’s why I created this thread in feedback section — which would allow FT to disarm traps if discovered: Bear Trap 2.o A Necessary Rework