City Hunter stats and observations. (Read before you buy suggested). (Finished, On all fronts besides hard numbers)

For those interested in City Hunters stats. My observations below the images

Wrist Launcher

Currently Locked to City hunter only, and unequipable. Takes up 4 Gear slots.

Limited use flare gun. 10 Shots. Usefull for a backup in case of lost mask presumably. Sets targets on fire. @ZombieInsurgence suggested it might be useful for tagging mudded up FT for thermal vision.

At long ranges, does not shoot straight at the reticle, instead fires up and to the right (definitely a bug I imagine).

Despite it looking like it replaces the detonator on preds left wrist, Pred can still activate self destruct with it equipped.

Visibly pops up from left gauntlet when active.

For some reason the game thinks the wrist launcher is an audio decoy, as such audio decoys cannot be currently equipped by city hunter. (it can act as any gear item potentially locking you out from a specific gear)

Combistick

Nothing more than a skin for current combistick.

Is seperate from shaders so you can have shaders as well as the skin. (though honestly they look terrible.)

Despite being the weapon that released with city hunter, is the only one in his movie accurate kit that does not appear on his model.

City Hunter

Custom roar, though it sounds as though the sound of his medkit is in there, as its clipped from pred 2.

City hunters skin, and armor has shaders, as well as his mask/predlocks

Smart Disc Visible in holster when equipped and not in use.

Net gun visible on left lower leg when equipped and not in use.

My opinion

On a technical level there are a few things im excited for that came with city hunter, however, my original ideals still stand.

I bought this so that I could educate all of you on this dlc. It was the only one I didnt want to buy, because im so disgusted with the rest of this games development, but I felt I had to so that I could argue my points better and test things.

As it stands, not much has changed. This is another skin, arguably pay to win as its better than hunter in every way besides energy regen. But its not going to change the game much, aside from the wrist launcher (Assuming that it isnt released for the rest of the predators.)

Overall im back to my original post a week or so ago. Speak with your wallet. I hope Ive educated you as much as possible with this post, but just remember the question I posed, please. Take care guys.

5 Likes

hqdefault-1

7 Likes

Wrist Gauntlet is early access, so will be available to other classes next month.

Edit: my mistake, it’s the combistick skin that’s early access. The wrist weapon is a pay to win weapon😡

I see. Thats dumb af tbh, but fair enough lol

1 Like

And it’s literally another Hunter skin with a tiny smidgen extra on Gear and Movement Speed. So, basically you have to pay to be able to be Hunter with those extra gear points…can someone please tell me this isn’t a weak pay-to-win attempt? And as gorgeous as that Mask is, I’m not paying £4 for it when you hardly see it except in cinematics🤣

2 Likes

yeah its high key pay to win a bit. Its not overly obvious, but as far as im concerned any game changing items that must be purchased fall under p2w

1 Like

his energy regen is worse than hunter. He cant be made to perma invis like hunter

Also dude with how the wrist gauntlet pops up for this wrist launcher, I am almost certain that this isnt something they are putting on all the preds. Its gonna look like ass on the others without some serious modelling work

1 Like

He is better elder

Really?? This is getting worst the more I learn. So even with Light Bender? And my mistake, the wrist Gauntlet weapon is exclusive to City Hunter, it’s the combistick skin that’s early access…

So, unlike the Hammerhead this is literally a weapon only available if you pay for it… Did illfonic lose their damn minds or something, like are they trying to destroy this player base?

Yeah im not sure. This wrist launcher is looking very specific to him though I could be wrong. @OldKingHamlet Would love to hear on this if you can clarify.

Right now though it is locked to city hunter and cannot be removed from his gear. It takes 4 gear slots.

Its basically a limited use gear flare gun. I suppose its a good backup weapon should you lose your mask or run out of energy. How much damage it does I am unsure, but it does not 1 shot the AI, instead it seems to do a small amount of damage on hit, then burn the victim over time.

Combistick is for sure a skin. Nothing new there. And honestly, not very noticeable.

City hunter does have a custom roar however.

Also city hunters skin, and armor has shaders, as well as his mask/predlocks

If you have a smart disc equipped it will be visible in its holster when not being used.

glad to hear this

1 Like

@VENN7eance @Lazycollinator

the patch notes do say:

Early Access to new Predator gear - Wrist Launcher

Donesn’t sound like it’s gonna be exclusive

2 Likes

Yeah but with how it is in game I dont see how they are gonna make it work on the other classes without redesigning the left gauntlet of all classes.

When Elder came out it was discovered that his blade gauntlet was separated from the main body. So when in customization menus you could see the gauntlet sitting there waiting until it was called in for Elder.

With the wrist launcher it’s possible that whenever the free update drops the gauntlet will be used in the same way. When selecting that piece of gear the City Hunter gauntlet will be shown instead.

1 Like

Interesting, but imagine how… fugly thats gonna look on samurai or even alpha. lol.

Maybe you are right though, It would be interesting if thats how they do it. would sure be simpler than remodeling every gauntlet for it.

So he’s basically Hunter/Alpha/JH but slightly faster, worse energy regen, and only eight gear points? Is his Wrist Launcher actually worth it or just a waste of a slot? I don’t think it’ll be exclusive and that each Predator will have their gauntlet modified for it.

Assuming the wrist launcher is unlocked later, Then he will have 12. But for now yes basically.

As far as i can tell, It seems to be a usefull backup, but it only has 10 shots so not much more than that. As for damage I havent tested yet, and likely wont.

bump

I have a theory I’m going to test on the wrist launcher… as with the motion tracker, I think the wrist launcher is meant to tag FT, not for damage but to keep them viewable in Thermal regardless of mud.

1 Like