Is this damage normal?

An extended mag on vector (no bane) gets pred near second wind add bane and you get him winded with extra ammo :) x4

1 Like

Wtf Kameofwar :)

gotta help my boy here and honestly you gotta be careful on these forums if i’m browsing and decide i have disagreement with someones takes i’ll make a very long response thread i’ve done it before and most people by the end just insult me afterwords which is a big fat W for me or we just keep going for a while and i just have to agree to disagree which i think is what’s gonna happen here he seems reasonable i’m just trying to do what Fire seems to have well not done so well

also the problem with the vector it has to be on assaults for that to occur and you have to be nearly perfect on accuracy for that to occur when the Z06 the next in line smg has just like .7 or so of a second long kill time and is considerably more accurate making it usually not worth the risk

but it is pretty memey

2 Likes

This will be fun. Not enough time right now, but I have some things to say. Yes, I read your whole “big“ post.

1 Like

then i look forward to your response too

1 Like

also if your reading this i should’ve brought up the power of sound for the FT but i guess that probably doesn’t matter in the argument of “randoms” figure i’d bring it up here since you’ll probably see it Xan

and here are these 3 posts in case i need to reference them later

1 Like

SWAZ-50 needs 7 hits to send in second wind an Hunter class or City Hunter, we have tested it.

Cause I cant English worth a fk.

I feel like I summoned an anime narrator to explain what happened lmao.

Lol ya thanks, cause I know how fast shit happens but not the exact numbers tho.

1 Like

ok i was going based on TTK’s so my math is a little bit off in which case it’s 179 damage per bullet

We tested with yautja bane on ft and impenetrable on pred

oh i tested without impen and without bane so that makes sense it would be one less/more bullet
and then once with bane and without impen i never bothered to test impen as since i know the hp values and how much damage reduction impen gives i could just estimate from thereas i usually assume if a player is willing to run a higher damage weapon like the sniper rifle than they are probably also gonna run bane as % increases are more effective when the base number being increased is higher like with sniper rifles

2 Likes

This is only partially true. A predator with a good headset has a good chance of hearing footsteps and suppressed gun fire. Also, observant completely negates muddying up, as every step is highlighted 100% of the time the player is mudded.

Also, on the subject of a one 1v1, the only way a soldier would win is if the predator decided to refrain from using ranged attacks or slams. Any other situation and outcome, the predator would have to be garbage.

It should be pointed out that this is only with 100% accuracy and at very close range. Damage starts dropping immediately and is very steep on the AK, I believe it drops to ~28 at only 10m.

I trust that you’re sure about that, but:

1. You can hunt many hogs that last the entire match
  2. Only a terrible predator would eat a hog near the fireteam.
  3. The fireteam can’t track the hogs via the map, so your not going to be able to guard them all.
  4. The audio cue is like halfway into the animation and you can immediately reactivate cloak, so the fireteam will be too late to do anything about it.

Only partially true, but multiple perks address this. Obviously if your playing samurai or berserker, you should be running adrenal or medic, but honestly, if the predator uses all their second wind time, they’ll get far enough away.

They also spawn around the predator. I not sure on the exact mechanics, but they definitely spawn in the area of the predator, sometimes even right at the beginning of the match.

I’ll end on something we agree on. Everybody wanted a pistol buff. But it went from about 30 to 45 damage per shot AND the predator can’t be spotted unless damaged or moving. Those 2 strong buffs put the pistol into OP territory. It really, really needs to have a muzzle flash.

That’s all I got.

i’ll go with numbers since their is less stuff here to comment on
1:
this may be true but in my experiance with surround sound 7.1 headphones i still have a hard time locating sniper fire even unsurppressed this my be a my experiance sort of thing and when i’m doing it to predators or others are usually the sniper isn’t the first one the predator goes for however since we are refering to 1v1’s i’ll leave that where it as as it stands this game isn’t intended for 1v1 so the FT should never win but as the game is right now it’s not hard for the FT to just dumpster the predator due to superior damage output and mobility it’s easy to dodge any ranged attack from the predator unless it’s AOE splash damage and if the predator tries to charge up a shot he has to walk slowely so he dies right there otherwise all you need to do is jump and melee doesn’t work at all if your just using a high damage close range gun like the AK or even if your just using your knife and know how to parry but that’s diffrent issue regardless this is sort of an on paper issue rather than a in practice issue it’s possible we are both wrong and it’s much closer than it seems so for now i’ll agree to disagree the games not ment for 1v1’s anyway
2:
yeah you may be right but you don’t even need to be 100% accurate to force a disengage from the predator if someone else is there or when he sees his hp bar go from full to 30% he is going to run or die right there my experiance in publics games futhers this predators go straight on and some are smart enough to run away and guns are lazers with no or little auto aim so it’s not exactly hard to hit the predator at any range
3:
The audio que occurs when the pig dies and a second time when it’s stabbed and a third time when the predator is eating the pig it’s plenty of time if the predator decided to go for one near camps which is where they usually spawn in my experiance i very rarely get pigs outside of the camps FT have or are currently at i suppose you have a diffrent experiance aside from i do recall one time where a pig spawned where i spawned as the predator aside from that it’s too inconsistant to rely on compared to the GUARANTEE of medkits and syringes
4: like i said pistol probably needs a nerf i agreew with you just don’t quite know what

and that’s all i have to say really hopefully you understand thanks for being reasonable

2 Likes

I’ve never played as predator using that class but that damage did seem incredibly excessive. 2 shots and the mask is off? Then the third, looked like a single knife strike that nearly put predator into 2nd wind.

I run Yautja’s Bane and Heavy Hitter and never put that much damage onto a predator with one knife strike.

I’ve had some spectacular fails as predator but that was on a whole new level.

Yet you do it to me every fucking time 😢😢😢

1 Like

This damage is complete BS. Obvious hacking.

It’s probably been mentioned already, but the bolt action sniper rifle unsilenced by itself will destroy a biomask with 2 shots. No perks needed, it’s just that lethal. And they’re all hit-scan weapons for FT except nade launchers. So, the damage is excessive but realistic.

This is often overlooked, but using surround sound headsets give you a huge advantage as FT. Mine allow me to know which direction the Predator is clicking from etc @madmardigan is using a headset where he can almost pinpoint exactly where the Predator is, like he’ll know which tree or rooftop the Predator is located. Granted, not everyone can afford that level of tech but even generic Turtle Beach headsets give you a massive advantage as FT.

I get it. Unfortunately, I feel that a big part of the problem is playing fireteam isn’t that rewarding. Even if the predator were super deadly, most players could understand, if trying to finish the missions were fun. But it’s not. The AI is terribly predictable, extremely simplistic, and nearly suicidal in there attacks. Interactions with the environment, apart from muddying up, is extremely bland. It’s like you’re constantly standing there waiting. Move, then wait, move, then wait. Sure the mission elements move around, but the each mission always has the same progression. Dynamic progression would be fun. There should be successes, failures, and consequences.

Finally, every mission should reward the fireteam with strength. For example. Perhaps, if the fireteam finishes the mission under 10 minutes, they can forgo the helicopter, but get a satellite scan that tracks the predator on the map every few seconds, a four seater armored ATV, and a complete resupply to attempt to hunt down the predator. If they fail, the match still ends with a predator win at 15 min.

1 Like

Yes?