join me in (un)healthy speculation

So what i want to do for a moment is talk about something that we’ve all (Hopefully) thought about

the new game mode

now instead of going off what i hope i’m going off of what we know or what we can assume based on datamined content that i’m going to link at the bottom
So we know the map it’s going to be on we know judging by the size that more than the current 1v4 will take place

we can assume that it will be at LEAST 5v1 as we know that there is a additional callsighn for FT known as "Echo"

however i’m currently judging by the map size believing that the setup will be 5v5v2 or 5v5v1v1 or 5v5v3

where due to the size of the map i’m assuming there will be more than one FT and more than one predator i do not think there will be 3 predators due to balance concerns as we know there could only be 5 FT unless they add more callsigns which i don’t think they will do but i could definitely see more teams i do not think 1 more FT equates to 1 more predator which is why i’m assuming there will be more than one FireTeam I do think there could be 2 predators as a guarantee

we know there are interactions for netted predators so this implies the predators either have friendly fire or are frenemies at best

we know there is a predator body model that has been cut open so it’s likely the core of the FT obj is it a payload mission? or maybe some kind delivery of a package/base defence? will there be multiple objectives? can the AI actually be decent?

We also know there is some strange blood textures that sometimes appear on metal surfaces such as silver blood and a darker green blood

we know right now this is probably being tested in house at illfonic and i have no hope for them to release a unbuggy balanced experiance

so Do we think that FT weapons and equipment are currently well balanced for potentially fighting each other?

do we think that the predators equipment and mobility and general game mechanics are also balanced enough for fighting each other?

are we ready for potentially FT complaining that their own guns need nerfs? or vice versa with the predators?

should any new perks be added to help this mode? such as increasing/decreasing damage delt to the same Race? or to help fight the same race generally speaking? should any perks be changed or adjusted to compensate?

should predators receive a parry mechanic against their own kind?

should their be new unique pickups for this mode only? (such as power weapons, buffs, mechanics or other unique equipment locked to this mode) ((as an example in evolve there were animals the monster could eat that would give them buffs such as hp regen taking less damage or dealing more damage for a limited time whereas FT for example could find an equipment box that applies a grenade launcher to any assault rifle they have equipped if they have the hammer head it changes the grenade type to incendiary instead of frag))

how long do we think this mode should take to complete?

now it is possible that none of this comes true and we can look back on this thread " Man aren’t we glad that did/didn’t happen?" but i’m just making observations let’s talk about it and try to keep things civil

4 Likes

please let it be 5v5v2 or 3. Oh please!!!

As far as game modes are concerned, all I care about right now is for a 2 Predator vs X FT mode.

2 Likes

It’s late but this is a good topic regardless if it comes true. It could all be helpful to making modes like this work in the future.

FT weapons are likely to have a reduced damage on other FT, at least that’s how I think it is likely to be done.

Pred weapons might actually need to do increased damage to get through all those hit points.

That said, I don’t think weapon damage is going to be consistent between the two types of characters.

Look forward to adding more later.

1 Like

It could be a contest of trophies more than likely they wont add in too many new mechanics at least not yet, but I could see them doing a 2v5v5 and the Predator that claims the most wins between them and the same win conditions apply to the FT. I imagine friendly fire would be a thing between Predators more than likely But it would be cool if you could defend your fallen fellow Yautja if he’s downed or set off his bomb to protect the tech and his honor that could be sweet 😁

That is something I’d be down for, whether or not you’re protecting them, setting off a fallen Yautja’s gauntlet should definitely be worth some exp.

1 Like

Right? Maybe even make it a remote hacking battle or something like that, your immobile while doing so which still makes you vulnerable if another FTM runs off to look for you and you could add a minimum range you have to be within to do it or run in and chase away all the FTM trying to defuse then dip before your caught in the blast! Although running two Predators regardless should make downing one much harder even with increased FTM especially if they are also competing against each other.

On an unrelated side note I still think there should be a customizable addendum to second wind or a new class based feature in where your not just forced to run away and heal maybe the ability to sacrifice some of the duration of second wind to barehand melee FTM for the purpose of escape or an increase in agility or speed or stamina again at the cost of Second Wind Duration Idk something cool like that 😜

I am telling you right now, if they make a game mode with more then 1 pred vs FT you’re going to kill the pred que. You will give to preds the only reason people even run FT.

If anything it should help lower the times I would think, that’s 2 Predator slots being filled and 8-10 FT slots(more than likely) But I don’t see how it should make the times worse?

He is unfortunately correct.

The reason many play FT is because they like to play with their friends.
As soon as you can play Duo Predator with your friend, you can bet everyone and his monkey is going to be wanting to do that. I’m certainly one of them.

True but that’s only with one other friend, if you could get more than 3 other friends maybe 7 to 9 other friends and all play with and against each other shouldn’t that still incentivize people to play FT just as much? I know right now there are FT squads that have to constantly switch people in and out to all get to play together this solves that and also allows Predator players to get in on the whole Team Work thing too. I see it as a plus all around as long as it doesn’t create or come with more bugs that is.

Your points are correct also.
But I feel the number of “2 man” groups, would exceed the number of “5+” man groups.

There’s also going to be a lot more initial “Hype” playing as Co-op Predators.

Oh of course no doubt there, but TBH just like how the Predator times start to drop after the influx of hype player come and go I think it will even out especially when a casual 2 man Pred team get scaped off a 10 man coordinated FT’s boot more than once. Trust Me

Hopefully. :)

Unless, you can’t que with a friend as Pred. They could force random Pred partners if you’re not working together but against one another.

1 Like

If its against one another its another thing. They don’t allow you to que pred and FT right now, I don’t see why they would allow you to que as 2 pred if you’re meant to fight one another, more so considering the abuse that could lead to.

I don’t think Pred’s are likely to be friends in the first of these types of mode.

it’s also worth mentioning
the new game mode will split the player base between the 2 modes making que times longer for the entire game

there will probably never be 8min que times ever again once the new game mode goes live

the new game mode might be more popular to que for if it’s que time vs play time ratio is better than what
HUNT is right now or if it’s just more fun to play than the HUNT mode

Ive found out something about the FT Ballistic Mask.
Google:Ballistic Helmet mask

This image comes up several times. Look familiar?
This design looks very similar to the Developers Helmet that leaked some time ago.

Eww we better not be getting an ODST style helmet those Halo games need to be forgotten to time