No, lowering the graphics is not cheating, no matter what you say/think

is that a thing?

If that is a thing it is completely broken, or most PS4 players can’t aim at all.

Dunno m8, can’t say everyone has a space computer, but also can’t say they play on potatos.

I think that’s a well known fact among players…But have you seen how fast PC players shots? I once got head shot twice in a row when leaping, TWICE IN A ROW WHEN LEAPING, didn’t even knew that was possible.

Jesus I knew wrestling fans were dense, but this is ridiculous.

There are players that lower the graphic settings to specifically gain an advantage. I consider these players to be cheating. The OP implies this is not cheating (and seems to say people are only lowering settings because the game is badly optimised, which is frankly BS), therefore I disagree with him.

Many consoles has it, but you gotta actively follow your target at the right speed for it to work.

That’s my point right here. If you read the post carefully, no space computer can play this game on Cinematic settings on a “standard” monitor (1440P 144Hz)… NO GPU. Period. Not even a RTX Titan, not a 2080 Ti.

You could play it like that maybe on a 1080P 60Hz monitor, but chances are if someone owns an RTX 2080 Ti, they will not be playing on that outdated monitor.

I can send you benchmarks of the game performance so I can show you how is not BS.

If you are fine playing at 30FPS and getting screen tearing… good for you. I am not.

Screen tearing also makes any game (even for casual gaming) pretty much unplayable.

I knew what you meant from the beginning. Its just a hopeless conversation and it tiggles me temples.

Actually it’s not hopeless as there’s a very simple solution: PS4 players should just turn off cross play. They’d be stupid not to given the advantages PC players have (mouse/keyboard setup, ability to exploit graphics, more readily available cheat programs etc.)

I’m not worried about it. I keep crossplay turned off. I’ll turn it back on when minimum PC graphics are the same as ps4. That’s not too much to ask.

2 Likes

Everyone will be happy if this game had better performance, even ps4 players.
Still your opinion or trying to change everybodys mind isnt good because you talk about yourself and not everyone is doing that for perfomance like you. If you need always 50-60fps thats your thing. if u like playing on low graphics thats your thing.
So why bothering everyone else with this?

Happy hunting with pc death squads

2 Likes

ok so just for that thread i’m gonna re-post that video here and after that you guys can comment on what ya think : )

3 Likes

Problem isn’t lowering the graphics to get a nicer frame rate. Problem is lowering it to the point where you can see the pred when invisible.

2 Likes

Im fairly certain thats because the game is more CPU heavy.

look guys, I play on low settings, because I play on a below spec PC. If I dont play on low settings I wouldnt even be able to play.

Now heres the dealio, I agree. PC will always have an advantage when they can lower their settings, and consoles are locked in. Thats just the nature of gaming. And trust me, Just as many pc players lower settings for an advantage, as much as for performance. Regardless its here to stay, and its not cheating necessarily.

That being said, while I havent noticed the difference for myself, Its been said that preds cloak acts differently under different graphics settings, which if it is the case, Then thats on illfonic, for not accounting for that. Not PC players that need to (or want to) run on lowered settings.

That being said bear in mind that pred is visible when cloaked, at all times except standing still. With how the cloak bends light, this is especially visible when he is leaping, but always visible nonetheless. The real detriment is that PC players (And the reason I say them is they almost always have a decent headset), or anyone with a headset on either side for that matter, Can sound whore the clicking pred makes. And from what Ive played this patch, it has only gotten more frequent, not less. Meaning you are likely being spotted and found in cloak not because people are abusing graphics, but because people are soundwhoring you. Add onto that that you are practically visible when doing anything other than standing still, and you see where im getting at.

Now obviously graphics settings do change how the game looks and as such im sure low graphics makes it easier for you to be seen, but not on the level that everyone seems to be making such a deal out of this for. Not unless there is a serious issue with how the cloak reacts with certain settings off/low.

Im not sure, I havent tested, but ive played this game on both highest settings, and lowest, and to me, its never been that big of a difference.

Also I have been playing PC for years, at this point im unphased by this kinda shit honestly. Its always going to be something that exists on PC multiplayer games though. No matter what, its the one thing we cant change.

3 Likes

as far as i’m aware as of

cloaking isn’t more visible under any setting UNLESS we are specifically referring to draw distance visibility in which case yes if the PC player has lower settings he will be able to see the cloaked predator easier from farther away due to less foliage and worse textures it’s easier for that person to make out where the Shimmer? is that the predator makes while cloaked this is doubly true with sound whoring that my guy lazy here mentions and yes this is just unfair for us PS4 players cause we dont’ have the option if i wasn’t such a buisness scumbag and bought the PC version you better believe i’d be playing on the lowest setting for the advantage but i don’t support EGS so i got the PS4 version and it fucking sucks getting pelted by PC Lazerfire from full camps away with very little i can do besides waste 6 minutes of being extremely careful to kill one guy let alone getting dumpsterd by a full team that does this

during benchmarking my cpu never goes over 60% even when the GPU is being stressed out at 100% usage. Disabled hyper threading and barely made a difference.

is the GPU usage. lighting on this game is really bad. That’s why lowering shadows has such a strong effect on both GPU usage and visual quality.

Draw distance is the only thing I would say affects how the pred looks. Still, even at low settings if you stay looking in one direction long enough, foliage will start to appear. And as you move closer too.

The cloaking effect is clearly visible, always, unless the pred is standing still. I still don’t get how people fail to understand this or continue to argue lowering graphics has some magical effect on this. it doesn’t. And if the pred jumps right when you are looking at “the sun” (or whatever light source comes from the sky) you can see it clearly, on any graphics setting.

1 Like

Interesting. though that could be just as easily a case of the game not properly utilizing your CPU, as it could be a case of the game not needing it.

Regardless thanks for the info.

OP is a moron

2 Likes