SCIENCE! Is Predator Cloak broken in 1.11? - The results are in!

Looking for anyone available on PC to do some science on Predator cloaking.

We already kind of knew that since the last graphical update (1.08?) that cloaked Predator became easier to see at range, but there is talk about the 100% invisibility now being gone.

And by “science” I mean record some videos of a Predator cloaking at different graphical settings and ranges.

I will post the videos for anyone who cares to see them if we find anything of interest.

EGS: Draedark

EDIT:
Here is what we did, thank you @Coffee2Go for your time and help on this! As I usually do, the videos are taken with OBS on PC at 60fps.
HIGH graphics vs cloak at range
LOW graphics vs cloak at range

In my opinion, it was easier to see Predator at HIGH settings than at LOW, but at LOW you could see pretty much across the map to boot.
LOW range test

8 Likes

I’ll be waiting to see this, if the invisibility is actually gone ima kill myself

2 Likes

Nah it’s not gonna. Just had a round where all 4 guys ran right next to me. One actually ran into me.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Yep, I had a team who were walking right past me in an open area recently, but I’ve also encountered a team that seemed to know exactly where I was at any single moment, despite me using audio decoys. Don’t think they were cheating, but it was baffling how they were doing it.

Bumpity bump bump,
Bumpity bump bump,
Look at Predy go.

Bumpity bump bump,
Bumpity bump bump,
He’s as invisible as your toe!

Yup… tottaly true. I try to counter PC FT with green sking and armour and avoiding useing my cloak - it some times work

I do something similar. I try to stay low, do NOT leap, especially while cloaked at range, and stick to hard cover (tree trunks, wall, trucks, etc.) to cover my approach.

It is more of a work around than a solution, but I think it is all Predator has at the moment.

Decent PC players can detect you via sound, audio decoy or not.
Admittedly, this was vs a DCed Pred. I heard his clickety when I was about 200-300m away. Tracked him down to the tree he DCed in, while fully cloaked and then proceeded to kill him before he even ran outta energy.
I could not see the pred, but sound was all that was needed. And a few pot shots to see where the hit indicators were.
Stealth needs to improve. Sure, sometimes you come across a few FTs that are terrible at tracking and you can sit right next to them shooting your plasma pistol in their face and they will still not know where you are. But I think we can all agree that those people are not anywhere near the top 50% of FT players.

1 Like

The 100% invisibility seems to stand, at least for me at both graphic settings. Unless someone can pick the Predator out during that part of the videos? I could not.

This is why I post these to Google Drive instead of YouTube. So folks can download and pull into their favorite video editor and pick them apart themselves.

Thanks for your input!

Nobody is disputing that sound (and especially sound+blood) is a dead giveaway for Predator. Our tests were just for visual.

2 Likes

So you mean that Predator camouflage is better visible at low settings?
What I’ve seen so far makes no difference. Whether it’s a PS4 or a PC. There may be some minor deviation in the graphic that may be possible. PC and PS4 are different hardware terms. The PS4 can’t make a game for lasting maximum graphics settings on EPIC with high environmental effects. Which would not be technically possible. Because consoles have their limits. Therefore, it can be expected that the graphics on the PS4 will not be as sharp and detailed than on the PC. But that it should reveal much more PREDATOR camouflage just because it is a PC version? Well, if he has a comparative video, I’d love to watch it and study it more.
I’ve never played the game completely low because I don’t like the graphics and quality and it’s not my style to play games completely low. If my PC is not from 2009 and lower grades. I played Predator with a setting between Low and Medium. Now I can afford a much better quality setting on EPIC it looks great.

1 Like

I provided the unedited videos so that folks can download and watch to make their own conclusion. But for me, I felt the Predator was easier to pick out from the background on the HIGH video as opposed to the LOW.

The LOW settings have the advantage of being able to see insanely far.

I do not have a PS4 so we would need some folks with those to make the tests on that side.

As I understand it, the PS4 graphics are not able to be changed in game, but again I do not have a PS4 so I cannot confirm or test the console side.

Yeah thanks for the video links. Surely you have described the shortcomings in them that should be addressed by correction. This includes low graphics settings
when you can see PREDATOR at vast distances. This already explains how FT sees me at such great distances. And one of them tracked me down. Although I was very distant about their positions. Despite this, they found me very quickly, as if they saw me through trees or tall grass. Your video is proof that you can see a predator at great distances in a dense forest even if it has invisibility. Which should be fixed in some way. Of course, we don’t want the predator to be 100% invisible like a ghost from another realm. You could see it here: https://youtu.be/fLvD8PEsVXM but in this case it was probably a game bug. So that it does not give anyone the opportunity to abuse to play at low and to have the appropriate benefits … Do you think it was caused by a previous update?

It was the previous graphical update (1.08?) when folks started to mention that Predator was more visible than previously, when cloaked and at range.

Low settings allowing folks to see pretty much the entire map when up in an elevated position has been around since the beginning as far as I know.

I would agree that your video was a bug, and I have had that happen in reverse to me personally as Predator. Where the entire FT was invisible, until downed and reinforced. It was an odd game to say the least.

1 Like

alright that’s all the proof i needed now i can confidently say PC does have an inherent advantage at being able to circumvent cloaking of the predator rendering it mostly useless against them

i’ve had issues with PC players seeing me across vast distances or even just seeing me within camp distances while cloaked and they seem to completely ignore it

thank you for your work

1 Like

What gpu have… i hade 1070 ti and upgraded to 2080 and the textures are completely enhanced

I have a plain 1070, I do not overclock it or my CPU.

I seem to be able to run steady 60fps at high graphics / 1920x1080 but anything higher I get dips into the mid to high 50s

Now in the last 3 days I have not come across any Bug games that would be invisible FT or Predator. However, the last update certainly did not fix this defect. Maybe it’s a big coincidence that it becomes completely invisible

1 Like

Its supposed be invisible after 3sec… inmo thats to long. I have tested on my 2080 the pred can be seen ill post vids tomorrow… im not at home

1 Like