Poll: Do you want these balance changes? (discontinued)

Just wanted to see what the community consensus is. Please read the whole post before making a decision.

• Do you Like these changes?
  • Do you like some of these changes, and others not? (If so please reply why)
  • Do you not like these changes?

0 voters

Edit : Also wanted to experiment with the poll Feature

Also! I cant edit the post again, but please reply why you do/dont like the reworks if you have the chance.
Be brief though, I anticipate I will get a large number of replies.

I like most of it, besides the match length idea, the thermal loadout scan, FT class stamina change.
A there’s a little few more but they’re skippable.
Keep the match at 15 mins but. change to 25 and call a 2nd chopper if the Predator destroys the other. Otherwise the match will be interminable in some situations, think about the trolls exploiting this.
Scanning the load out will just tell the Predator “hey attack this dude first and don’t worry later” and complete the match in the first encounter.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

The stamina change would be for both predator and fireteam, Its to try and balance the speed of the classes. (Also needed to trade something for the gear change, because if scout had the most gear/stamina/energy it would be dumb.) Plus the beefier characters like zerk and support are meant to get up close, and the stamina will help solidify that.

I can see where you are going with the match length point. I have a few things I have in the guide that somewhat counter this.

1. Mud deterioration, This should keep ft from hiding in one spot mudded up and pretty much infinitely invisible.
  2. Second helicopter is forced, so if the first one goes down, and you dont make the second one, FT loses.
  3. No time limit actually goes the other way and discourages most trolls that normally would wait out the extra 5 minutes to extend a match, to putting them in a position where they either lose either way, or they have to wait forever.
  4. Target isolation becomes available to pred after first heli.

However I can understand that these arent perfect, and truth be told the only way to counter it might also be to set it so that when only one FT member is alive, the first helicopter is forcibly called for extraction? But that would create more exploits possibly so its difficult.

You are right, I think scanning the full loadout might be a bit much. Perhaps it doesnt tell perks/gear, as then pred wont be able to single out the person carrying all the meds/ammo. Perhaps it only showing the class/weapons? I think that would be fine as you could technically figure that one out just by eyeballing it.

1 Like

Maybe this balance could be a another game mode, for real fans that want to play for really good experience as FT or Pred and not deathmatch as it is now…Lazy C’s true survival/hunt mode😉👌

2 Likes

Bruh honestly it would be interesting if both were in gsme and we got to see where the population mostly fluttered to

1 Like

while i would certainly accept your rework as a seperate game mode i stop agreeing with you on some things which i’ll try to explain why starting with my philosophy when i look at balance
first everything should be a give and take or a method to counterplay something as an example you can counter the smart disc by destroying it you can counter reinforce by placing traps on it ahead of time etc…
some may not be direct gameplay ie you can counter mudding for the fireteam with a perk

balance should be approached for the highest level of play with the idea of making the most amount of playstyles as possible viable the lowest level of play is only balanced for to ensure there isn’t a mechanic that obliterates that level of play (like at the moment i would say slam probably should have it’s dmg reduced)

where is stop agreeing with you is when we start to change some of the fundemental things of the game such as gear points without changing gear costs as an example from both sides
field syrettes are a mandatory piece of gear for everyone on FT by changing the supports gear points to 5 this class nearly unviable while i suppose with his hp difference having just a field syrette might not be that bad assuming his perk points are also unchanged but when you could just play all assaults and do a simaler job if not better due to their inherent dmg increase and getting to carry more gear having more effective hp
that might be an issue

and for the predator this change is tenfold we have a mandatory piece of gear called the medkit and the beartrap that’s 5 points for each these are the single most powerful tools we have when we only have 4 choices the other 2 can be destroyed or ignored if the FT take a single perk which one of every team should be running at higher levels of play helll currently as the game stands now i would argue for the predator medkits should cost nothing to carry on a class or at least 1 cause of how mandatory it is

by changing gear points but not gear costs you would make berzerker unviable in the same way the scout is pretty unviable right now there is no reason to run scout right now as the hunter is just better with long jump perk anyone running the scout currently is only running it to challenge themselves

for the most part this is the only thing i disagree with you on aside from probably the stealth kill dmg reduction as at a higher level this would devolve into run through buildings/ duck and slide around stuff until it’s over so we have the greenlight to light him up assuming the buff is 50% or just use the good guns and kill him during the animation cause the dmg reduction is only 25% or whatever unless the buff is extraordinarily good (75%+) which at that point it shouldn’t be in the game in the first place

1 Like

To be fair kame, as far as gear goes, I have not touched numbers at all, and I dont plan to. That one is gonna have to be up to the devs to figure out if they implement everything else. I just want to help them lay the foundation.

Predator gear right now is lacking, no doubt about that. However By increasing berzerker stamina to the most, berzerker will be able to bob and weave and jump around much more. more mobility means more time he can keep up the pressure with melee and feel somewhat secure. As for the scout, you are right scout is the least viable right now, hence why we give him all of the gear points as he would benefit most from having gear. Of course he trades his stamina for this, but the faster classes dont also need to be the most stamina viable classes.

Stealth kills wont really work too well if they can be punished hard, especially considering what they require to initiate. I have a few ideas to fine tune them which I will add soon.

bump

1 Like

Big heart <3

There’s always a way around that 3 comment rule😏

Luckily I havent had my posts dead enough since it was implemented to prevent me from bumping. But I certainly have had days pre implementation where I had to bump many a time, and as such, I hopefully will not run into that going forward lol ty tho

Anytime😊 I like seeing healthy creative debates. I don’t always agree with what people are proposing, but I like to see other people’s opinions and ideas, the ebb and flow of compromise, and how ideas can evolve. Friction creates heat, heat and fire are where greatness is forged👌🏼

1 Like

Hell yea! (Literally)

Ironically half my post is created based off of other peoples ideas. I just snaked them and put them in my guide, though if I was asked which is mine and which isnt at this point I wouldnt remember.

Yep, nice work u have done there. But stealth kills… idk, I said it once already-there are gonna be some exploits about that, definitely.

1 Like

I have some ideas to help make it a little less cheese.

In fact let me add them rn from my phone if I can

Edit

Added fireteam must be standing still for 2 seconds to initiate stealth kill. Predator cannot initiate stealth kill for 5 seconds after a leap

They need to have something to protect them during the assassinatiom. But idk what else

I see where you r going to. But even with your additions it wont be possible to get so close, FT will hear u in any case. IDK it is a nice idea, but u need to rethink it again on how to improve that thing

P:HG Community: “Hey illfonic. Eat a snickers!”

Illfonic P:HG GAME: “why?”

P:HG Community: “Because your not you when your hungry”

(Illfonic eats the snickers)

P:HG Community “Better?”

Lazycollinators P:HG Game “BETTER!”

1 Like

Perfect

1 Like

Bump