they need to punish braindead preds, not reward them (rant from a fireteam member who wants to have other strats than camping)

I don’t know what they did with the armor but before this, if I found one healing, the PDW alone would burn him into oblivion since healing its gradual, not instant. So I get him at half HP, I open fire = dead.
But oh well.

Yeah, he did play well. At the end, he died because he gave up when 1 escaped and I put him in second wind. He would’ve been alive at the end, no idea why he just stopped and allowed me to kill him.

If this game had melee as a system that actual needs skill perhaps you could argue it but as it is, you just roll your face on that controller and you melee well. You can’t have melee working the way you guys want or that would be broken OP. If 2 people can’t wind a predator(with parry) that tries to melee, there is no point playing unless you run a full premade.

i mean i could argue that melee has some skill involved as if the other player knows how to parry and can do it you are now in a game of baiting the other parry so you can land your hits and at any time the FT could instead decide to whip out their gun and take 40% of the predators hp or more depending on a few factors

however all i want is for melee to work and for the melee classes to be at least on par with literally the middleman class who happens to be the strongest class in the game cause i’m sick of playing the same ranged predator game for the past 8 months of:

“alright i castered them for 3 minutes and downed a guy take out the bow shoot the downed guy to death alright time to swap to the caster and do the same thing oh and if someone gets near me i better bring out the netgun to net him and run away so i can do the range thing again”

Yes, that is because a single FT has the potential to kill you, now if you buff the predator to the point 4 people can’t put him down as he kills one, there will be nothing to “bait”.

I don’t know if you where around form the start of the game but how fun would it be if we get back to melee rushes? The ranged play gets longer games, melee rushing and winning kills people fast and get’s them to stop playing. It also feels really cheap since the skill involved is not that impressive. Yes, if you end up against a melee FT player that is really good… Its not going to be easy to melee him down but is that not the point? FT needs to time parries and stims and when to range and the predator needs to time melee and range (if he is not really good and just arrows you into oblivion). Now if the predator can just melee him into oblivion with no skill… Meh… You really want that?

Right now you can win a lot of games with nothing but melee (if that is what you want) since many people are potatoes, I’ve done it a few weeks back when I had a friend over and he wanted to see the predator, I am BAD at the predator, still won against 2 teams with nothing but the elder sword since I noticed I did not need anything more.

i was around at the start of the game and i didn’t feel that zerker combi was op cause when i was playing this game with friends we only lost 2 games out of 90 i also played predator at that time as well and it felt alot better than it feels now hell parrying was stronger back then than it is now

as i said before

i want melee to be viable so i can actually use it cause as it is now it’s worthless it’s a you should never use it against any team cause you run the 50/50 risk of losing the game because you decided to melee someone

The zerker was winning because of lack of skill, randoms and lack of gear/weapons had but that is not the point, I mean how “fun” those games where. How fun was it for you when that guy charged into your team and the game ended after 1 minute? Now imagine it also went the other way when melee won.

Against decent teams you can’t win with melee, and I don’t see how you can balance melee since melee involves you engaging in close quarter and everybody can shoot at you. On the other hand I’ve seen it used quite well as a filler, bow shoots and then melee, hit and run tactics.

i already know how it could be done it’s just i assume the dev’s aren’t willing to do it or for some reason it takes too long

these 2 things is literally all the predator needs to even the playing field and hamlet if this re @s you I’m sorry

The only way I can see making the berserker tank 4 player, kill one and leave with a sliver of his health is if you REMOVE his leap. So if he does that, you can actually chase him down and kill him.

That said the devs said the balance is almost perfect with FT having a bit of an edge BEFORE the latest changes to pred armor, right now they could very well feel like its perfectly balanced.

Oh and BTW traps and netgun are overpowered against randoms but completely useless (or almost) against good premades. If you give a more easy way to use them, all it will do is make you stomp randoms harder.

i use traps and net’s consistently against premades and it’s usually what gives me the edge to win most of the time if we sped up predator actions making it more difficult to react to them cuase otherwise the FT get’s 3 seconds to watch the predator equip and aim the item traps would be more effective against everyone

also i’ve had my leap removed since Dante came out so i would say this is a bad idea

(right now there is a bug where sometimes when your in 2nd wind you can’t leap i’ve had this bug consistently since Dante came out i’m talking 1 out of every 3 games)

What does netgun do for you? I can cut anybody out instantly with my knife when you aim down the netgun its the perfect time to put so many bullets into you.
Traps, the only time I run into them its before I know the pred actually has them since so few use them. After that the sound gives them away.

Yes, you would do better with a fast netgun but considering I can cut people instantly out, GL doing anything with it. I have yet to see the best predators put videos against PC deathsquads where they use the netgun.

As for the bug… So many bugs in this games, what can you do. Right now leap is absolutely needed but if you make the predator tank 4 people as he melees 1 to death, removing leap is not such an extreme I would say.

you net people when someone is downed (or when someone chases you down at low hp)same with traps then they have to make a choice spend the 2 seconds going to the guy to free them from the net or getting the 4th person up if they get the 4th person up you down the net guy if reverse you kill the downed guy

this set up forces the entire FT to not shoot you or one person does shoot you and they lose the fight
(i use both fast hands and trapper)

It costs a weapon slot and to use it just for the instance you’re alone with a guy (for whatever reason) seems SUCH a waste.
Traps are easily noticed and destroyed. It takes a lot of luck to get someone trapped into one. They are not as useless as the netgun since you need to take some gear but still.

You will at best net one, 1 knifes the net as 2 train you as you aim the netgun. At least that is my experience. Against good teams its the hit and run game with the bow like sharpy does here:

If you end up against Sharpy’s team and you try to net… Oh boy… But again, I am not one of the best players but I do look at what they do. Even at MY level when I see a pred aiming the netgun at one of my mates its like “HAPPY DAY”…

i have gone against sharpy’s team multiple times and the best i’ve done so far is kill one guy

Predator has a far higher skill celling and right now (from my experience) what works its the bow against this deathsquads.

Plasma gun and melee work wonders against randoms.

and you would be right though plasma canon still works but only peeking shots or otherwise first strike type of thing

I will admit that I actually feel safer doing a claim if I get stuck by the fire team then trying to wait for second wind to give me an out or to push through, I think that there’s a bigger boost to armor ?

Something is wrong.

Two people alone are capable of SW a hunter through the duration of the claim alone.

Either your team sucks, hacking, or you all are using bad weapons.

Let’s just ignore the advantage of being able to tank more shots and just insult people

Shotguns suck

You don’t

Either get a good team, get a better weapon, or git gud depending on your problem.

Ah there you go.

3 Likes

Lmao I love that ending, “Ah, there you go.” 🤣

1 Like

Then you were missing. Very simple, Predators do get punished for playing dumb by dying, if you shoot them

2 Likes

I stopped reading here.

He can’t… unless by “shooting at him” you mean hip firing in every direction hoping to land every shot as if you had an aim bot.

1 Like