What do we do with PC Deathsquade Parties?

what we would legitematly need is more effective tools or perks with more specific uses or just unique passives that help in some way dealing with what PC players tend to be good at but not necessarily universally good which is landing bullets being well co-ordinated and finishing missions quickly tracking predator easily through sound

having the ability to spend V to get equipment wouldn’t help

having things like “if spotted predator takes 10% less damage” or “for every FT member within 20m of the predator increases predator damage delt by 4%”
or “after losing 25% of your hp your movement speed is increased by 5% stacking up to 3 times halved for airborne movement” “if FT member is within 5m of the predator they produce no movement based sounds” If a FT member is 30m away from other FT members predator takes 5% less and deals 5% more damage" “during target iso/CD overload predator regens 1% of his maximum hp per 2 seconds”

then for weapons it would be things like a speargun (so it’s not a projectile weapon functions like a single shot bolt action rifle reloads after each shot) explosive tipped arrows different types of plasma casters (a rapid minigun like one an single shot sniper version(no splash dmg) then what we have now)
a weapon that allows the predator to move the FT physically which requres some kind interaction of the said FT to break out of like a whip or something

gear like a drone or some kind of summonable mob to force FT attention radio jammer to take away the minimap or other parts of their UI a grenade like object whose AoE applies a slime that slows the FT or eats away at their ammo (takes away say 10% of the FT ammo when hit by it or 1 of their equipment chosen at random) a dart that marks a FT member shot by it and reduces any healing received they get by 20% for 2 minutes

among other things that i don’t feel like coming up with more ideas these are what we would need increasing the shit we take onto the field isn’t going to help us as it would either take too long to use (medkits) or it’s simply not as effective against co-ordinated teams Beartraps and Motions/decoys

albeit giving the predator a dedicated button to throw equipment like the fireteam has would be MILES better as then we don’t have to waste time equipping the item using it then re-equipping the weapon we were using and just get shot or ran down during the process

as right now we have a problem of OPTIONS

we have 4 tools (basically) we have the ranged tools PC HHPC Bow: Used to poke damage at the enemy for medium/low risk - medium reward
melee tools All the melee weapons: used to burst down a single target at extreme close range for high risk - low reward
CC tools Netguns beartraps used to force the FT to do something that prevents them from doing damage or helping teamates High risk - High/medium reward
Misc tools mo detectors audio decoys medkits does something that doesn’t directly help the predator deal with the fireteam Low risk/low reward (medkit is of course a higher reward)
useless tools wrist launcher does basically nothing you shouldn’t even bother equipping it

of these options we more or less only have one thing we can use for nearly every situation which doesn’t always work well as the risk is medium at best against high end players which at that point you are very much relying on your opponents to screw up which 15minutes isn’t a long enough time for that to work out

it’s kinda sad this is going to be here instead of elsewhere you can also tell i’m doing my Campaign prep right now so all my game design gears are rotating

The fuck is this shit, I didn’t know squad was spelled with an e at the end of it, this is blasphemy

1 Like

great response! I never would have thought of making the preds HP dynamic like that. That would be applicable to any type of FT player.

It’s french! Squade!

The biggest “Problem” about “us” PCDS is the continuity and endurance in our training, as well that even though we are a small group of players, we are pretty good organized.

Many of us play this game on a daily basis since the trial or launch, and because of this, we know pretty much every little tactic or trick we can find in this game and share it if necessary, which gives an immense advantage over most of the casual players.
Most people don’t even know a quarter of the stuff that we found out over time. As for example that there is a combo strike for the knife.

Like Scarface said, we just team up randomly with whoever is available on Discord, but because of us playing so much and for such a long time, most of us know each other pretty well, especially how the others fight and how we can fight as a team in the most effective (or I would rather say lazy) ways.

Just to compare: I just hit 900 hours playtime with my account today after having a 3 week long break.
Imagine I would have spent the same time bodybuilding! How would I look by now? Pretty jacked up I’d guess, and that’s basically what makes us so good. Immense continuity in our training.

BUT!
Most of us are also pretty good as Predators for the same reasons and some even destroy full PC squads, so how would you want to balance those players?

You simply can’t balance something like that out, except for introducing a ranked mode that separates us and the PSDS from the casuals, which would be awesome.

1 Like

I’m going to start lifting today. Have the weights just gotta set up the bench.

3 Likes

Right now just don’t play with those premades if you don’t want to. Some guys like the challenge of playing as Predator against deathsquads that will hunt you down or premades with 2+ field medics, some are just curious to see how its like lol. I don’t think many will deny that the game is in favour of the fireteam, but those teams are like the top 1%. If you are not getting on privates you will probably not bump into them often.

1 Like

…for the fire team to win or in favor of them being capable of winning? Its more true that they are most capable of winning if they are capable of using all the tools available to them. Most of the time, they are not in your standard blend of PSandPC.

Lets also be perfectly clear, PC premades often happens when one guy invites them all from his/her own pool and ONLY 1 person is matchmade as Pred and this could come from either PC or PS who are just publicly waiting,.

Unheard of in a multiplayer video game how can this be. How dare they try to win a video game consistently, and execute winning strategies - deal with this at once. /s

You either accept that balance is skewed in favor of the 4 man premade like it is in any asymmetrical game, or you land 100% of your bow headshots from max distance in which case you should be playing in a tournament for some other competitive shooter out there.

Your solution would be to play a private match or buy a console where you have a 5% chance of dealing with someone using a mouse in most games if you hate the input device. Or just hope you find ps4 players that haven’t disabled crossplay.

You’re not getting pythons OP, lol.
Pigs have a degree of randomness because they aren’t guaranteed heals and the FT can contest them. Otherwise why don’t you just ask for 10 medkits?

1 Like

Imagine people would just start asking “PCDS” players how to get better at playing this game and if they can join, instead of crying around and asking for ways to counter or exclude them.

1 Like

I mean…you could feel free to just be forthcoming with that info too, right?

more than duo in ft is 100% broken
easy solutions for this are

1. buff predator a lot (impossible without breaking the game )
  2. dont let people to invite more than 1 friend in game (exception private games)

like I do here? :)

2 Likes

Yes like you do there! Of course I was just referencing! Yep…
makes notes for next fireteam tutorial vid

1 Like

@Vargaresa , thanks man. I lost 35 lbs and im ripped now! Been lifting and swimming 3 x a week. It was your comment that first gave me inspiration a long time ago. And this meme, of course…

4 Likes

If I remember I just played a game were mass tried to camp me pig spawn with RussianHardBaBas like a week ago

2 Likes

Damn, what have I done? Lol

1 Like