Why Companies don't give a shit

Read the replies. See the mindset of probably the majority of the playerbase. Understand that illfonic could literally take a shit in game, slap a pred mask on it, and still sell it like hot cakes.

Thats the reason this game is fucked. The reason illfonic half asses everything. The reason all games today are fucked sideways.

Enjoy your day.

1 Like

Enjoy your day too, I’m not sure how you think this will help.

I’m actually a bit confused as to why the most vocally upset people are even still here… if the things you believe about illfonic are true, no amount of waiting or posting will change anything.
You’re all going to have to wait for the next company to try their hand at a Predator game.

If you believe it’s to late, if you think they’re incompetent, if you believe it’s a cash grab or any of the other stuff, why are you still here?

4 Likes

For most people I imagine that is a good question. To put it simply. Im invested. Ive put far more work than most into this game. So seeing the reality of it is even more a kick in the nuts. The best I can do now is continue to check in. Continue to be active here. And continue to try to help push this game forward. But we are passed the point of hopefullness and patience. Its the time we push back. If we really want something done.

Isn’t it obvious why they’re still here? Despite what it seems, the people ranting and complaining about the game are the ones that care more about it than the blind fanboys do. This guy is upset at the poor state the game is in and how awful illfonic’s communication is. The reason they’re still here is because they know this game can be great, they want it to he great. But it’s time to face the facts. As of right now this game fucking blows and so does illfonic’s lack of transparency.

7 Likes

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Do you work there, how do any of us actually know it’s not one of the other studios holding up stuff how come you all broadly slam illfonic when more then one place is working on the game. Not that you’re dumb but it looks awfully silly not acting like there is several studios to blame and just shitting on the small guy

2 Likes

Illfonic is the face of the game as they are the devs. I have no doubt that sony or any other multitude of other variables are pushing illfonic around and giving them no chance to breath. However for the sake of simplicity i call out illfonic.

Okay and who are these other studios to blame? Sony? They only funded the game. Epic games? They only cut a deal so it’s exclusive to their store on PC. None of those are working on the game. Only illfonic is. Quit defending them.

Well more than likely sony is pulling the strings and making this worse.

Edit

Still not an excuse. But its something to consider.

Very unlikely. Illfonic is the one making the shots here. Is Sony in complete control of their exclusives? No. The development team is. Sony just give them the funds to make their games a reality and they take a share of the profit.

2 Likes

It really isn’t that simple, I do wish it was.

Look we can effect things, mostly small things that only matter to a few of us, but and it’s a big one, it all happens in slow motion. Over months not weeks. That’s how game development is, especially modern game development.

Some of the complaints are valid, communication but others aren’t valid. We have gotten steady content, if not the content we want. I’m not saying people can’t be upset or voice that upset at not having maps, I want maps too. The thing is though they will come on a schedule, probably at the four month mark.
The reason for this is two fold, first they want expectations to be set at about four months so they have time to get the next set of content ready four months after that. If you release things early and then can’t keep your schedule what we see on the forums now will only be louder. Secondly we don’t know if everything (ie. content) they’re working on now is for next month or the road map after, sometimes finished content can’t be released immediately. Department A is done but department B needs to add something minor and department C needs to sign off so it can go to certification.

2 Likes

Saying your feelings are more valid than another person’s, does that win a lot of arguments for you?

Blind fanboys, sounds like a band name… a bad emo band, but still.

PS. No argument about the lack of communication.

2 Likes

Dont tell me what to do I can if I want just like you can go fuck yourself

You arent wrong by any means. Thats one of the few things I’ll say, however the lack of communication Is what really turns something like that into an issue.

If they just told us their plans. And let there be a dialogue or something to help direct those plans, I gurantee you most of this anger would end. We want the game to survive and get better. But unless they have something big brewing, beyond just new maps. Something that fixes the game entirely. Im still gonna push them. And i encourage others to do the same.

They need to realize they cant just ignore us. Especially with how clearly it seems they are taking advantage of us. But if they just spoke, that very well might be enough to calm us down. We wont come back till change happens. But we will turn this consistent bitching back into productive feedback that they can use to make the game better.

Edit

The thing we all have to consider is, are they staying silent because they have nothing to say. Comes back to the question of are they more interested in the playerbase surviving, or making money.

1 Like

I do believe that would be the game mode. I do not think it will fix all the problems but do think it’s why they set there schedule at 4 months from launch. People seem to think illfonic have experience as Publisher’s but this is the first game that they haven’t had someone else between them and the fans acting as the pubs.

While Friday was illfonic’s game too, Gun handled 99% of the communication with the fan’s. I was around for two of their community managers (Shifty Samurai/Mattshotcha) and spent a fair amount of time talking with both over the last few years. I really do hope illfonic hires a bigger community management team, it might be a while before they find someone who won’t immediately quit after meeting us though.

Edit - the player base is far larger than the forums. People quitting here doesn’t mean anything, if one person stops playing and 40 more start the numbers on the backend say you had an increase. That guy who left might have spent 1000 hours with the game, but so to will some of the people who joined while they quit.

I’m sorry what is your point with that? Because my point wasn’t just about caring more about the game.

Blind fanboys eat the trash that’s handed to them and shut down any complaints about the game. They don’t want the game to improve. And that’s why some Devs get away with the most scummiest shit. Sports games are a good example of this. Same game every year with forced in microtransactions. The fans of them don’t even bat an eye at it so it continues every year.

Battlefront 2 had pay to win elements in lootboxes. People complained and they took that shit out instantly. Do you see what I mean? If you blindly accept the garbage that has been given to you how can you expect improvement?

You imply caring about a game is a bad thing? That just leads me to believe what side of the coin you fall under…

1 Like

I think you need to calm down buddy.

You’re still trying to win by declaring that your feelings, your care is greater than mine. Isn’t a good point, I refute it by declaring you’re blind and I care more.

You tell me I don’t want the game to improve, how do you know? What’s your proof. Don’t have any. Then your argument is irrelevant.

I get your feelings are hurt. You feel like we’re being ignored and convinced you’re right, it’s a bad combination. It leads you to attack other members of the community who want the same things as you. To arbitrarily declare all who disagree with you as blind fanboys, as wrong.

You need to offer proof to win an argument not scream and yell like a child. You want the devs to hear you, try speaking clearly, making sound arguments and providing proof of your position.

Edit - don’t accept your definition of blind fanboys but do like your examples.
(I will fucking teach people here how to argue, just so I can have a good one, 😝)

You’re taking too long.

We agree communication sucks. I think every member of the forum screaming with pitchforks and torches doesn’t get us closer to communication or content. You think a large portion of the community is blind fanboys and are going to win them to your side by insulting them.

That about it?

I declared my feelings are greater than yours? Never declared that, you pulled that out of your ass. I simply said people that complain about the game want it to improve. People that blindly accept it for the garbage it is don’t want it to improve. It’s not just about caring about the game which you keep grasping on to. I gave you examples of why complaining about a game is a good thing. Because it actually improves if you do.

Funny. I never said YOU don’t want it to improve. I said blind fanboys do.

My feelings hurt? If speaking the truth means my feelings are hurt then sure, I’m crying my eyes out rn. I never said that if someone disagrees with me they’re a fanboy. I understand why people defend illfonic, because they know the game will eventually become great, I know that too. But what they don’t understand is that you shouldn’t have to wait for a game to be great, finished and functional if it already came out 2 months ago…

I’m definitely not screaming or yelling. I’m saying why the people complaining will actually help this game in the long run. I’ve offered proof of why it’ll help.

My problem is with the people that are defending illfonic for every god damn scummy thing they’ve done and will continue to do so because of them. Not the people that are actually reasonable and don’t have blind faith in them.

I don’t agree with personally attacking the Devs, quite frankly I think those people are fucking morons. But poking fun at them, or ranting and venting shows illfonic how the community they’re neglecting feels. And if its the only way they can be heard…then so be it.

1 Like