Is this damage normal?

Not just skill, platform matters to. My point is that right now we’re in a pretty good place. Nerfing the FT some more (gun damage as Fire wants) its not the best of ideas.

My second thing I said to you is go down in general and see how many topics you find about nerfing one or the other. You’re going to find far more people demanding nerfs to the FT or buffs to the pred.

On this forum yes. But they were taking other platforms into account as well. On YouTube more people are arguing that pred is OP in comment sections. On here it’s primarily FT op. Twitter? I’ve hardly come across the conversation funnily enough.

PC and PS4 are not all too different when it comes to skill. As for advantages yeah PC has more. I’ve had PC players do worse than my PS4 teammates. So it’s not always an instant win for them.

I get why you want the fireteam to have high damage weapons and to be honest I agree with that. Preds are squishy. They’re not supposed to be bullet sponges and in terms of the game it’s a good way of getting them off your back. Otherwise they could just bum rush melee wipe your whole team all the time. But once you factor in the other elements such as reinforcements, multiple heals and resupplies, parry it just simply becomes too much for a lot of pred players to handle.

Now if they took away reinforcements for example, I don’t think people would have a problem with the high damage. Because then it’d actually be warranted.

See the problem is, is that they have too many powerful aspects to them. You can’t have all these positives with hardly any negatives. It just becomes imbalanced.

I personally believe it should stay the way it is but remove reinforcements to make it more fair.

Some people might say keep reinforcements and high damage but remove a lot of the heals and resupplies.

Others might say knock down their high damage but keep the reinforcements and heals and resupplies.

And any one of these could help the situation. And if not then they could tweak other aspects to fit them.

That is the problem. Not just that fireteam has high damage. But the fact that they have that AND more advantages than disadvantages.

All that needs to be done, is to take away one of their major advantages. And if need be tweak the predator accordingly to balance out.

1 Like

I would be ok with removing reinforcements if you remove second wind from preds.

I would like to point out people who demand this things only look from a certain type of view. What happens when you meet 4 good players in a premade. Let me ask you this. What do you think will happen in randoms the moment you remove reinforcements?
Take it this way, I am in a game with 3 other guys (randoms) 1 dies… Now I am like oh boy… This is pretty much over… Second one dies… Yep, I AM OUT. I leave, the second guy leaves. GG. How long are the ques again? This is just a random example. 1 single mistake for FT and ITS OVER. Any decend predator, once he killed 1 team mate its probably over. With the burst they have all it takes 1 slip up and its over. This works when you have a ranked match with 4 man premade communicating and what not. Randoms? You’re killing it. Perhaps you don’t care like Fire, don’t know.

Please consider more types of players then just 4 man premades. That is all I am asking.

Randoms need to suck it up. They can’t expect to win every match in a game that requires team work. If they’re playing with other randoms they should know what to expect.

That’s how it should be. If a predator kills someone then yes that’s supposed to make the match easier for them. Not invalidate all their work by bringing the fireteam back because they lost…

That’s how it is on other games. It’s tough for Jason at the start but when he picks them off it gets harder and harder for the counselors. Same with killers on DBD. So why should this game be an exception? Why should it make it harder for the predator when he kills the fireteam? Why should they be rewarded for losing and the pred be punished for doing what they’re supposed to?

You have to remember that it should be harder if you’re playing with randoms. That’s how it is with every other multiplayer game out there.

If they remove second wind and reinforcements then they best keep the pigs otherwise a predator would stand no chance.

Yeah, they suck it up or stop hitting that que, we already lost a lot of them. Its not just about team work dude. I play with randoms all the time, I win A LOT but I look at the players that are in my team. There is no way they would win games if I was not there and was “1 more of’em instead of me”. Don’t want to brag because I am not pro players but still.

If the predator kills one and you can’t reinforce, the other 3 probably can just leave, something that is bound to start happening after you remove reinforcements. The predator has 1 shoot potential. A spear out of nowhere on low hp class its a death sentence. More so considering you’re not going to be at full health the hole match. Also if I burn the predator down to nothing he should not become invulnerable, he should DIE!

Oh yes, a friend of mine started playing DBD, after some 3 hours with another friend of his that was high level they won 0 games. Not fun. F13 was popular at start, now its DEAD. Tried a game the day before, could not get into one. Its also a different type of game. I got 9 hours play time in that, almost 13 days in this one.

The FT are not really rewarded, its not easy to reinforce, its a second chance like second wind. The predator can STOP IT. Just place some sensors there, some traps. You’re far faster then the FT. At best reinforcements should not give you your ammo and resources back. That one is logical.

Also and again, removing reinforcements is going to make people quit when 1 guy dies in most games. This is not F13 or DBD. People are already leaving in MANY GAMES when they die, not even waiting for reinforcements. This game attracted other type of players.

Pigs is another thing. Predator can destroy FT’s resources on the map? Why can’t the FT kill pigs? People also assume FT has all this gear! Like every single one of them run gearhead support with medkits and ammo bag…

I got my final trophies. Also, this could be relevant to the little discussion here about how much health the predator has, yet how easy it is to kill the fireteam.

alright it’s time lets talk this is going to be a very very long post if you go through it all i hope you eat something great today

TBH that would probably be fine but your also probably right that it would be bad as we alreaqdy have a leaving issue though in a ranked que (if the game ever gets that) then it probably wouldn’t be a problem

keep in mind you deal with predators like these by chipping so you poke some damage and distract him while people rush the obj’s then if one guy gets away you win as FT cause that’s all it takes you don’t have to kill the predator every game but i’m assuming your gonna come back with “but randoms though think of the randoms!” in which case my response is why are we balancing for the lowest common denominator? i suppose it’s for que times? which i suppose is a reasonable point

this is probably the most absurd thing i’ve read so then by that logic it is irrelevent how fast predator kills FT like scouts and recons ok?

this argument is irrelevent no one asked how hard it was for someone to kill a predator after taking a 2 month break

honostly in general probably not many but in feedback it’s slightly better off and we actually do know they read the feedback and the bug reports sections as things i’ve brought up did make it into the game such as a blind effect on the War Club so it is definitely this one and probably some other sources like YT videos reddit? maybe and twitter probably maybe one fansite like AVP galaxy probably has some threads regarding the game

this would only happen if the predator is allowed to have the netgun in which case you are correct in any other situation i suppose you would be wrong all the FT has to do is take a sniper rifle and keep up their mud the predator would never find them in the first place now if you mean like a short ranged fight on a road or something then it would just come down to does FT know how to parry does FT play with high sensitivity to track leaps if the answer to those question is yes than predator dies every single time if the answer to those questions are no than the predator will probably win unless they melee the FT and he has AK with bane in which case LOL the FT will kill the predator first

1250 / = 35 bullets from the AK which is 36 damage per bullet which is about 400 damage per second second with the AK at close range so uh a hunter has 1250 hp it takes 3.29 seconds to kill a predator at close range so yes it does translate cause a single moment of standing still or just getting leap tracked cause it’s easy to do that as FT when you play with high sensitivity because leap always goes in the same trajectory unless they take big leaps which i still haven’t seen a predator take it but OH WAIT you said damage done is irrelevent didn’t you?
oh and the best sniper the SAWZ does 1250 / 6 = which is 280 damage per bullet so just a measly 6 or so shots and the predator is dead there are 4 people and this weapon would be far more difficult to track as the predator for where the bullet is coming from where the FT has all the advantage here still not a problem though right?
Hammerhead which someone brought up is 1250/32 or 1250/39 at far range which is 39 or 32 damage per bullet respectively which kills a predator in 3.5s or 4.4 seconds which is about 284 damage per second i suppose we could bring up predator damage and see if it’s compareable which for the most part on some weapons it is such as say the bow or the elder sword or even the stick if your throws are pretty accurate however then we remember you get to multiply all damage FT get by 4 and suddenly it’s not comparable anymore… cause this is a 1v4 game

FT actually can kill pigs they can also know where they are since they spawn always close to camps that FT is in and just deny predator from using them as it takes 6 seconds to eat a pig start to finish which is less time than it takes to kill him at full hp so if a FT wants to they can just tell him he isn’t allowed to heal just like the predator they could also just run him down and kill him in second wind or worse as Scouts and recons with movespeed perks are faster than any predator unless they are running long leap and adrenal and are a scout or hunter even then it depends on the map in those cases so if a FT wants to predator can’t heal wheras FT always can they have an instant heal or they could just throw a medkit indoors which no predator would ever risk going inside due to Close range TTK’s and remember every heal is multiplied by 2x or 3x cause that’s how many FT carry and if more than one you increase it respectivally and oh don’t forget they can reinforce get more by ammobox’s / medkits found on the map but the predator gets 3 heals maximum cause no FT would ever let a predator eat a pig unless their incompetant which i guess you’d say “randoms are incompetant”

This depends on sensitivity settings at the highest setting jumping and leaping is always the same path so the predator just dies but on lower settings yeah this is pretty hard to deal with so fair enough

honestly depending on the perspective everything is op or nothing is op so i suppose i can’t really disagree with you as i don’t really follow you too much but Fire is a friend of mine so i’m doing this really for him as he has a um… language barrier it seems? and probably the pistol does need something i don’t think i’d be willing to lower it’s damage i think it just needs a more clear way of tracking the shots like the bow has the lines as before the damage buff it recieved it was just so much worse than every other option no one would use it

again sensitivity but hold on let’s look at this : another way to put it is with dmg numbers we can use the breakpoint method to decide number of hits required to down or kill someone cause y’know that’s how math works
generally i think it’s reasonable if to kill an FT should take between 2-5 hits for any weapon varying based on class and perhaps individual weapons stats
Zerker has 1500 hp.
Samurai has 1350.
Hunter 1250. (and all it’s varients)
Scout - 1000.
Impenetrable grants you 10% damage reducing.

Fireteam is
125:recons and scouts with no perks
150 assault with no perks scout and recon with both perks
175 assault with perks support with no perks dutch with no perks
190dutch with perks support with hp perk but not OWLF
200 every class in the game dies if this number is broken regardless of perk setup including OWLF
Disc 125+50 Wbuff 137+55 OWLF 118+47
Stick base throw: 115 Wbuff126 OWLF109
\headshot 138 Wbuff151 OWLF 131
Bow damage is base shot 53 Wbuff 58 W OWLF 50
Fullycharge 70Wbuff 77 WOWLF 66
base head 93 Wbuff 103 WOWLF 89
full charge 122 Wbuff135 WOWLF 116
plasma canon plasma canon damage stats are full charge 120 W buff 132 W OLWF 114
HHPC 40 Wbuff 45
not gonna bring up melee weapons right now since it’s already long here but the only reason anyone is getting one shot is cause they are taking the risk of running a low hp class which they should be knowing there taking that risk right? oh wait damage is irrelevant apparently yes i’m very bothered by this take

well i suppose if i had read this last one i would know that this post was unnecessary to do as i do win most of my matches on both sides probably in the 80% range for predator and 95% range for FT afterall killing the predator isn’t the only way to win for FT wheras the predator must kill the FT or get a time out

regardless i suppose i’m done here like i said at the top and i look forward to your response
Your welcome @Fire

3 Likes

An extended mag on vector (no bane) gets pred near second wind add bane and you get him winded with extra ammo :) x4

1 Like

Wtf Kameofwar :)

gotta help my boy here and honestly you gotta be careful on these forums if i’m browsing and decide i have disagreement with someones takes i’ll make a very long response thread i’ve done it before and most people by the end just insult me afterwords which is a big fat W for me or we just keep going for a while and i just have to agree to disagree which i think is what’s gonna happen here he seems reasonable i’m just trying to do what Fire seems to have well not done so well

also the problem with the vector it has to be on assaults for that to occur and you have to be nearly perfect on accuracy for that to occur when the Z06 the next in line smg has just like .7 or so of a second long kill time and is considerably more accurate making it usually not worth the risk

but it is pretty memey

2 Likes

This will be fun. Not enough time right now, but I have some things to say. Yes, I read your whole “big“ post.

1 Like

then i look forward to your response too

1 Like

also if your reading this i should’ve brought up the power of sound for the FT but i guess that probably doesn’t matter in the argument of “randoms” figure i’d bring it up here since you’ll probably see it Xan

and here are these 3 posts in case i need to reference them later

1 Like

SWAZ-50 needs 7 hits to send in second wind an Hunter class or City Hunter, we have tested it.

Cause I cant English worth a fk.

I feel like I summoned an anime narrator to explain what happened lmao.

Lol ya thanks, cause I know how fast shit happens but not the exact numbers tho.

1 Like

ok i was going based on TTK’s so my math is a little bit off in which case it’s 179 damage per bullet

We tested with yautja bane on ft and impenetrable on pred

oh i tested without impen and without bane so that makes sense it would be one less/more bullet
and then once with bane and without impen i never bothered to test impen as since i know the hp values and how much damage reduction impen gives i could just estimate from thereas i usually assume if a player is willing to run a higher damage weapon like the sniper rifle than they are probably also gonna run bane as % increases are more effective when the base number being increased is higher like with sniper rifles

2 Likes

This is only partially true. A predator with a good headset has a good chance of hearing footsteps and suppressed gun fire. Also, observant completely negates muddying up, as every step is highlighted 100% of the time the player is mudded.

Also, on the subject of a one 1v1, the only way a soldier would win is if the predator decided to refrain from using ranged attacks or slams. Any other situation and outcome, the predator would have to be garbage.

It should be pointed out that this is only with 100% accuracy and at very close range. Damage starts dropping immediately and is very steep on the AK, I believe it drops to ~28 at only 10m.

I trust that you’re sure about that, but:

1. You can hunt many hogs that last the entire match
  2. Only a terrible predator would eat a hog near the fireteam.
  3. The fireteam can’t track the hogs via the map, so your not going to be able to guard them all.
  4. The audio cue is like halfway into the animation and you can immediately reactivate cloak, so the fireteam will be too late to do anything about it.

Only partially true, but multiple perks address this. Obviously if your playing samurai or berserker, you should be running adrenal or medic, but honestly, if the predator uses all their second wind time, they’ll get far enough away.

They also spawn around the predator. I not sure on the exact mechanics, but they definitely spawn in the area of the predator, sometimes even right at the beginning of the match.

I’ll end on something we agree on. Everybody wanted a pistol buff. But it went from about 30 to 45 damage per shot AND the predator can’t be spotted unless damaged or moving. Those 2 strong buffs put the pistol into OP territory. It really, really needs to have a muzzle flash.

That’s all I got.

i’ll go with numbers since their is less stuff here to comment on
1:
this may be true but in my experiance with surround sound 7.1 headphones i still have a hard time locating sniper fire even unsurppressed this my be a my experiance sort of thing and when i’m doing it to predators or others are usually the sniper isn’t the first one the predator goes for however since we are refering to 1v1’s i’ll leave that where it as as it stands this game isn’t intended for 1v1 so the FT should never win but as the game is right now it’s not hard for the FT to just dumpster the predator due to superior damage output and mobility it’s easy to dodge any ranged attack from the predator unless it’s AOE splash damage and if the predator tries to charge up a shot he has to walk slowely so he dies right there otherwise all you need to do is jump and melee doesn’t work at all if your just using a high damage close range gun like the AK or even if your just using your knife and know how to parry but that’s diffrent issue regardless this is sort of an on paper issue rather than a in practice issue it’s possible we are both wrong and it’s much closer than it seems so for now i’ll agree to disagree the games not ment for 1v1’s anyway
2:
yeah you may be right but you don’t even need to be 100% accurate to force a disengage from the predator if someone else is there or when he sees his hp bar go from full to 30% he is going to run or die right there my experiance in publics games futhers this predators go straight on and some are smart enough to run away and guns are lazers with no or little auto aim so it’s not exactly hard to hit the predator at any range
3:
The audio que occurs when the pig dies and a second time when it’s stabbed and a third time when the predator is eating the pig it’s plenty of time if the predator decided to go for one near camps which is where they usually spawn in my experiance i very rarely get pigs outside of the camps FT have or are currently at i suppose you have a diffrent experiance aside from i do recall one time where a pig spawned where i spawned as the predator aside from that it’s too inconsistant to rely on compared to the GUARANTEE of medkits and syringes
4: like i said pistol probably needs a nerf i agreew with you just don’t quite know what

and that’s all i have to say really hopefully you understand thanks for being reasonable

2 Likes