Let the Games Begin... Apply here!

Illfonic fan: why should I? From my experience, they have got a good support and I like what they are doing just like you. Otherwise, you would not be playing this game anymore.

See: After having played several hundred hours, I guess all of you can be considered a fan of Illfonic’s game “Predator” by common understanding.

Being in top 5 Preds? There is no top anything. This is not a competitive game and should not be because that would require lots of resources.
But if it makes anyone’s day better and keeps anyone motivated, she or he can tell oneself or this forum that she or he is great at playing a video game for sure. Why not?

If you are also a great Predator, maybe the true greatest hunter of the galaxy, why don’t you take out the PS4 fireteam and show that and how it can be done or is it impossible no matter your skill due to the bad balancing?

If you are not already doing this: Why don’t be a good teacher? Tell other players how to play. Give concrete suggestions: My favorite Predator / fireteam loadout is … because … . Make a guide how to correctly aim with the grenades.

“Also we all know how to play Predator, we are probabiliy in the top 5 Preds of the Pc platform right now. The game should be balance in a way that 2/3 people cant kill almost every Predator players and the cloak is unskilled now.”
Is it that your personal experience? Are you getting killed by fireteams as “top 5 Predator”?

Considering the current version, the game is more “balanced” than in version 2.03 regarding this requirement.

The cloak is unskilled now? Pressing the button is unskilled but energy and noise management is not. You can still snipe the Predator. Who said you should duel the Predator at long range. It is that easy to break line of sight or employ cloaking grenades. But isn’t it an interesting change of a game mechanic? Didn’t participants of this forum even suggest such a change?

As a halfway skilled Predator, you know when a fireteam plays together. You cannot assault them because they provide cover fire for each other in this case. However, you can fight a war of attrition with hit and run tactics and ranged plasma caster shots. Trying to isolate them. You won’t get killed as Predator if you did not make a mistake, played too risky or had inferior situational awareness. If you have line of sight, skilled PC players hit you nearly immediately but PS4 don’t. And what is the matter?

Just again:

Why should a Predator be able to take down your fireteams with a 50% percent chance?

Predator: Hunting Grounds wonderfully teaches you to fight as a team!

400 ms

This should be considered. It makes no sense when people with such distances challenge each other in a first/third person shooter. Yautja bow? Sniper rifle? Revolver? …

Why did the “top 5 PC predators” only apply as PC fireteam? Does that makes sense?

As suggested: These fireteams against each other as Predator. What is your opinion? Does this suggestion make sense, op? What is your opinion?

Or was that already suggested in one of the posts, op? Then, just do it or have it done.

The OP indeed does not want to discuss things we already discussed in the some 670 posts above AGAIN.

Please, answer some of the questions at least or provide quotes. It sounds just like a primitive excuse for being too lazy. I mean thanks for having initiated this challenge and one of this forum’s longest topics with the longest posts ;).

Can you reason why you think (or don’t think) that the Predator should be able to take down skilled fireteams playing together as a team with a 50% chance?

What is your opinion regarding Predator: Hunting Grounds wonderfully teaches you to fight as a team!?

I stopped to read that. The Pc community is small and we yes, you can find peoe that are better than others. The fact that this game is not compey doesnt mean there cannot be a top tier players list. There is of course. And since it’s more like a shooter game you can assume that top tier players from pc are also best players of PHG. Also devs said in stream that they wsnt to partecipate at torunaments or maybe make their own. So there is a competition actually in this game. If you dont like it you can just play pubs and ignore.

1 Like

There’s no top anything because this game doesn’t have PVP ranked mode with the actual leaderboards and actual ranked system.

It probably never will.

1 Like

Thanks for the excellent video footage dude! I took the time to dearly enjoy that!

All participiants did very well, from my POV. I personally liked the video about WhiteWolf most - I propose changing the name to WhiteGhost…

But naturally, also the fight with Dent was quite intense! We all might die by greedyness one day, bro…:)

I am quite eager to see their views too - soon…

1 Like

True.

Here are some ping-screenshots of the video footage already at hand:

ping1

Nothing near 400ms. By the way, in terms of fairness, the difference between the ping times is more interesting if you ask me - and that was some 50ms in the average.

So, until now, I did not see any real ping problem. I just saw the reality - which is, admittedly, not ideal :)

2 Likes

@JustBait

JustBait, look, you came in here after some 670 posts and 9 matches.

We are now quite in the middle of a really NICE, FRIENDLY, ENTERTAINING and INFORMATIVE challenge.

You cannot expect us to feel like discussing general things which are far away from said matches. All people now are just eager to see ALL videos as soon as possible and start the discussion of them.

Some points you mention I agree, some points you mention I disagree.

Maybe, at least it can teach bad players, what happens, if they do not fight as a team.

But this really is not the topic of this thread at the moment.

Enjoy and discuss the games. If you have proposals, how to solve the ping-problem technically, I am quite open to hear them.

Naturally, the contestants could try out, what happens, when they switch the person who initiates the session or alike (and they do not need a babysitter to do so:). But to be honest, I am not confident that this really solves the problem.

If e.g. your internet provider sucks, I do not know any solution (if I would be Bill Gates, I just would buy said provider and force them - unfortunately I am not Bill Gates:).

It, by the way, also could be your PC, your Switch, your Router and so on. If your PC CPU is overloaded, you have a problem, no internet provider could solve for you.

So, please let’s stop this kind of discussion for now and concentrate on what we have (or what we have not:), OK?

The fact it doesnt have a ranked doesnt mean all people are the same level. There are people that win almost 100% of games and people that mostly lose. Also the lack of ranked mode is the reason why this game lose so many good and bad players at the start because of the frustration and balance issues. Every other asym games had tournament and competitive scene. This game is not different, it just has bad devs and a forum full of single player addicted.

1 Like

Every predator: Overgroth

Me: DERAILED

6 Likes

Videos are ready, I will put some public matches and private matches in one post and write some tips for fireteam. The videos of the challenge are ready but I have to put them together and cut the loading parts , then I will share the link under the comments of the post. @Bonator
Also I want to play against @DovahkiinJr team 1 vs 4 as Pred, like 2/3 games in different maps changing the host every games. If they want to we can record also.

4 Likes

check that guys, I will upload video of challenge later

1 Like

here come my POV of the game @DovahkiinJr @Crazyboy9YT @Bonator

6 Likes

we might want to make a new thread there is alot of posts

1 Like

Here’s my edited video containing all 5 games:

Hope you guys enjoy
5 Likes

I don’t know And nobody stated that if i had high ms I can remake

Virute, if you do not post your video, nobody can see, that you had a too high ping.

We already had some discussions about ping-times in this thread AND behind the scenes - with different people.

some 120ms, from my POV, do not belong in the category “unfair conditions” - have a look at the screenshots here:

• nearly everybody had such ping times. That indeed is not nice, we all would prefer to have 0ms.

If you post your video and the forum gets the impression “yeah, true, there really was a connection problem leading to unfair conditions” or alike, I am quite sure that our FTs will be so fair to grant you a rematch.

But the first step is: post your video, post your POV, let the forum see and decide.

Can we manage to play against this week (from today to friday) in Private match?

2 Likes

Is there any disadvantage of a long thread, which I do not see yet?

Depends on when the next time slot is. One of the members on our team isn’t available next Sunday so I’m going to have to talk to my team about when they’re all available

1 Like

These days until Friday I can play at midnight that is gonna be later in the afternoon for you (if you are all from USA), is it confortable for you? Also I am interesting in a 4 vs 1 match.

1 Like