"Predators: bad bloods" NEW GAME MODE IDEA

Important: You must be an experienced player to access it. Level requirement.
-lv 20 if we wanna keep it easy;
-lv 50 if we want everyone to have all the basic pred equip&classes.
[Purpose: to make sure players access it with a basic understanding and familiarity with the game mechanics, making them less likely to mess up the match.]

> Formation: 2 vs 2 vs 8 [OR: 1 vs 1 vs 6]

> Duration: 40 min

> Map: 1.5x/2x the size of a regular map. Can be just a single map dedicated to the mode.

>Players:

• Super Predator Clan members :

3 classes, like for both of the current teams. They are “bad bloods”, a dishonourable clan rival to normal predator clans, inspired by the Berserker, Falconer and Tracker predators from the third installment in the movie franchise.

Looks:

Just a little more muscular and only slightly taller than the regular average Yautja, with the “Mr Black/Berserker” inspired one being the taller and buffer one, the Falconer type being roughly equivalent to the “Hunter” , and Tracker/Flusher the equivalent of the “Scout”. Less body armor, black/darker masks with bone ornaments.

Stats:

They would all be quite a bit slower while walking/running/crouching/jumping than the comparable normal predator classes, with higher stamina consumption, but could leap further/higher. Also, they would have more Health and Energy, and deal more damage per hit on average.

The idea is to give them more of a “hyppo” like feel, in the sense that they are much slower than say a lion (=normal Pred), but if they close in on the enemy, it gets shattered instantly. They would be made to prefer close quarters combat, and play a bit like the current berserker class.

For this purpose, and for a nice “triangle of balancing”:

!Buffed damage against Predators, but not so much that they can’t be overcome with some strategy. Regular predators would still be able to flee more easily.

!More vulnerable to a coordinated Fire Team squad (they wear less armor which means less protection against bullets), so that they have to be more stealthy. This can be made via boosting FT dmg vs Super Black Predators when more than 1 human is shooting them at the same time, for example.

See “Objectives” for further details.

Weapons&Gear:

*All 3 classes:

+Modified Plasma caster. Ability to track the target a tiny bit to the sides, a sign of the Clan’s improved technology. Higher fire rate, cooldown after extended use.

+Long, single-blade wristblades. More reach, slower swings, damage improvement. Can be launched as projectile that would need to be recollected. [This would functionally be a combination between a regular wristblade and a combistick]

+Improved Heat Vision. Health and equipment/loadout scan. Consumes more energy.

+Improved Cloak device. Makes user invisible to regular predator’s heat vision when user is standing still or crouching still. Consumes more energy.

+“BlackBerserker” exclusive:

Gatling-plasma caster.

High fire rate, can fire multiple shots at once, higher damage per second, significantly less dmg per single shot, bullet damage drop with distance (most effective on short/ medium lenghts). Needs longer cooldown after extended use.

+“Falconer” exclusive:

Remotely controlled drone.

Can be sent to spy on enemy players. Can be cloaked but makes a distinctive noise; can toggle improved thermal vision to scan players and reveal equipment and hp details. Marks the enemies on the minimap for a few seconds, visible to both the Super-predators in the match. Re-usable if comes back safely, but can be taken down fairly easily, and once broken it’s done.

+“Tracker/Flusher” exclusive:

Hell Hounds call.

Summons 3 Hell Hounds that can locate either humans or regular yautjas(player can choose which of the two only once per match) in short time. They would act like the a.i. controlled humans, so not very lethal in terms of dps, but a but a bit tanky, so they can double as a decoy to keep FireTeam busy. Can be used twice per match, long cooldown.

• "normal" Predators :

They would be able to communicate remotely and exchange weapon gear and stims with the team mate.

Probably perfect the way they are now; while dealing less damage and being less advanced than the Super-predators, they would still be faster and possess more tools to trick them, which could grant quite a bit of fun.

• Fire Team members

After dealing some% dmg on a Super Black Predator, when downed they can be recruited (“marked”) by the “normal Predators” team (2 FT members max) instead of being trophy-claimed, and join the hunt for the Bad Bloods. If “normal Predators” team kills at least one of the Supers, humans in this team gain more exp and cash than former fellows, and get a chance to drop a random “trophy” reward.

!!!Objectives/Gameplay!!!:

Here is where I need more ideas and the most input from you guys.

Of course, first of all we need to prevent the 2 predator teams from simply allying and get rid of all the humans players, nor can we let the humans just ally with one predator team to easily get rid of the other two guys.

A)Ideally, the aim is to keep the Fire Team focused on their own mission as much as they are now, maybe with a lil bit of a slower pace. If 8 total, they would be divided in 2 groups of 4, starting in two different places of the map, that need to join with each other as soon as possible by completing a set objective.

B)The regular Predators would be aiming at hunting down humans; if two, each one would start in an area close to one of the two FT squads, and very far from each other. They also would benefit from reuniting, especially when being hunted by the Bad bloods/Supers.if they manage to kill one or both, they get a big reward but only if the dead body stays intact until extraction.

C)The Super Black Predators would have as their main goal to kill the regular yautjas, and almost no gain from killing humans, if only for removing a potentially lethal threat. Their spawn location would always be in a set area.

They should not be able to join the fight for the first 5 minutes of the game. If anybody, say for trolling, tries to trespass this “safe” area, they get one shotted by automated turrets or an equivalent mechanism.

During the 5 min wait time, the Super Predators can send the drone or the hounds, and have to complete a sub objective/mini-game while confined in this part of the map (a semi-open temple ruin maybe!).

CONCLUSION: I think such a mode would be an absolutely amazing implementation, and will grant you guys from Illfonic BILLLIONS of dollars so pleease consider it!! LOL @Courier

Suggestions and love are greatly appreciated & required. Love y’all!

Thank you

1 Like

BUMP!!
Adding on, as I said elsewhere, I view this addition as, potentially:

1. Complementary - I think this mode would not defeat the purpose of the main hunt mode as I can still see people preferring a quicker, more intimate and '87-like type of play.
  2. Feasible - I honestly don’t think this would be too much for this Dev team to accomplish. Ok, I am totally incompetent, but in my eyes most of the work would essentially be just a set of “values” that would need to be changed, very few new models/textures, and a map size extension.
  3. Healthy - I believe this would bring quite a few people over. Also, having an extra mode AND a third faction would help a lot with the wait times. Win-win for everybody.

Of course they do need to fix a couple of things still, but such a DLC would not cost too many resources or time imho, and I would gladly pay a few bucks to play it. (Free for early buyers, maybe?? Wink wink haha)

I like your write up, seems like it could be fun.

1 Like

Thanks man! I’d definitely love to claim Super Predators while working with another predator mate. Too bad it’s a damn long post, but I’d really like some input/discussion about it