Scope Offsets - [Patch 2.49]

Platform: PC

Operating System: Windows 10 Home
GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor
CPU: Intel i7-9700K
RAM: CORSAIR - Vengeance RGB PR DDR4 64 GB
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-A

Scope Offsets

Both Fireteam and Predator are affected by an different Offsets in correlation to the crosshairs developed by Ilffonic

User Solution: Use cross reference table (Crosshair overlays are optional, they have the potential to create more problems)

Scope Offset Cross Reference: I cataloged every weapons offset within this document

Notes

Scope Offset doesn’t have as much as an affect at closer ranges, it’s pretty much larger distances you have to worry about with more precise weapons with the exception of Holographic Sight for all weapons and Iron Sights for SAWZ-50 which is absurd

Scope Offsets have little affect for the categories of shotguns, specials, pistols, and submachine guns which ultimately should be used at closer ranges negating the problem of Scope Offset with the exception of R6 pistol which has one of the few perfect Red Dot sights in the game

Low effect settings are more desirable to use when aiming with Reticles that glow

Crosshair overlays will negate things like Scope Offset, Sway Offset, Jump/Falling Offset (ADS) and Breathing Offsets but will introduced some new advantages, with crosshair overlays you can fight recoil better, have reliable and more accurate hipfire and will make aim assist more predictable for controller users as well as faster ads scoping in on targets

Some silly things I’ve noticed is that there is bullet drop on these scopes like 4X, 6X, and generic bullet drop indicators for 10X as well but there is no bullet drop in the game

4X

Another silly stupid thing is that ABR-Z inherits Sway Offset rotation somehow and you’re able to do whack shit like flip the scope 180 degrees upside down or to other angles like 45 degrees

Predator is missing a crosshair Hand Held Plasma Caster, not sure if this is intentional but kinda of whacky

SAWZ-50 hipfire is made even stronger with crosshair overlays which already has insane accuracy lmao

Even what does exist for reticles and crosshairs is weaksauce, players probably can figure out how to come up with better ones

Summery

Scopes sometimes cannot all be trusted

Estimated Activity

2020-04-25T07:00:00Z (Patch 1.0) - 2023-02-05T08:00:00Z (Patch 2.49)

Discord

Input Dictionary

Lmao, easter egg

2 Likes

Yeah but, community doesn’t do a good job of keeping track of the bugs

Why, it’s not the hardwares fault

I’m guessing that the bullet drop indicators are there just to look cool, as we all know that no such physics are in this game

It would probably make sniping harder tho and illfonic wanted to give the fireteam a bit more of a chance

However, looking at the map sizes, I don’t think bullet drop would really matter unless you are insanely far away so they didn’t bother putting it in

It matters more than intuition would suggest, especially when your target can quickly change directions.