Future Patch Ideas (Work-In-Progress)

oh snap

The devs were really adamant about the nerf to plasma caster, that is why we proposed increased to the hand held.

I am thinking that the disc could be related to the buffs that each class got (0% stealth buff for berserker, 50% hunter, 100% scout)

With those enormous buffs in mind, fixing of the boars (in all aspects), and the large amount of currency and experience gained from claim, especially long claims (the duration of long claim is unchanged) the only increase is the 0.5 increase in quick claim.

If you want to nerf reinforcement, you have to compromise. That is why I came up with the creative solution with the backing of my team (consists of 15 people working to make the game better through a think tank).
The only way you nerf reinforcement the way you want is to completely remove quick claim, and reduce boar spawns (even though they are fixed) by at least 25%.

Miniguns don’t overheat that quickly, that’s a non-starter.
Stamina is strange af, I will definitely be interested in looking for alternatives.
Portable miniguns are not mounted, there is even one that fits in a briefcase
We are breaking into semantics here, but we are already buffing the predator a lot. The portable minigun is part of the established story and it is possible IRL, especially the brand new ones (like the one that I mentioned).
And yes, we added keybinds to all weapons for predators.
I want to help, but you have to give to get, that’s the only way it works.

Which predator stamina glitch are you speaking of? I want to make sure we’re all on the same page here.

Sounds good, thank you.

The one where you need to melee once to go back to normal stamina regeneration.
Your stamina gauge takes like 2 minutes to regenerate to the max.

Fixed by meleeing once.

Did i miss it in your list or?

The devs may be adamant but I still think it’s wrong and has created more problems than the imaginary ones they think it solved. From what I saw the plasmacaster nerf got almost universal negative feedback. Right after that we saw the rise of the combi rushers. If they refuse to fix the plasmacaster they should at least make the bow more deadly. Scoring hits with a controller is hard enough and it’s annoying when you get a headshot and they don’t go down. A charged headshot should drop them and 3 charged body shots should to. They also need to drastically reduce the arrow trails as the FT can pinpoint you very easily with them. A damage direction indicator is enough for the guy getting hit to shout out the direction of the attack. I think this is a difficult one due to PC vs ps4. I think the caster nerf and weak bow kinda makes sense on PC as aiming is so easy. But it’s a huge loss to controller users.

Sorry but I think linking quick claim to reinforcements is pretty bad. A decent FT causes plenty damage if you miss time a claim as it is. I have been on both sides of this. It’s not fair however you look at it for the FT to get 3 fully loaded players back. Not when the pred has finite resources.

Don’t see how making the disc more or less stealthy based on class makes sense. It’s almost totally useless as is. Like I said neither my friend nor I have ever been hit by it as you see and hear it so very easily. I’ve managed to hit 2 people with it and that involved flying it into a building which meant I lost it too. Btw just so you know I appreciate you’re not a noob gamer and you talk with your friends but just so you know my friends and I each have about 30 years experience on all platforms and some have played in proper competitive leagues so the feedback I’m posting is our educated opinion. Not necessarily a better one, but equally thought out.

Also a minor thing. Why do you decloak when swinging a spear? Makes no sense.

As I said I play approx 50-50 each side and I do feel like these things would make the pred scarier, put off teams that hunt the hunter and give combi rushers a reason to hunt at range. They became so prevalent because their ranged weapon was ruined. Maybe if it’s left in it’s weakened state we should have an extra 5 mins on the timer and one extra objective for the FT so there’s more hunting time. Could be a good idea to balance things with no other changes.

Yeah I misinterpreted “Same Speed” so that is on me, sorry. I have that problem alot on this board, the articulation and choices of phrasing throw my ass off pretty badly I guess.

I think this enough

There’s alot of QOL of life changes which is good.

Additional ones I mention, throwables need a better interface for predator, the need to look to the sky for a high toss is bad. Use the style of leap.

FT throwables are inconsistent when strafing.

The GL in general needs a rework because its almost worthless. A trigger denotation mechanic? Impact, not air burst or proximity could definitely solve half of this problem.

When addressing the balance of this game, there’s a huge tendency to gloss over or look over stats of classes and ability. In particular to the FT side. Now before anyone gets super defensive about that line, hear me out and understand what I mean about balance. Its balance while trying to achieve the “desired gameplay”, which is not 4v1 the predator but 4 survival against the predator. I think alot of people agree? I hope so. Least thats my impression of game or what the game seems it was aiming for.

No particular order:

The speed boost given while holding a knife/small arms on certain classes in addition to stamina recovery/or perks is a bit much. It needs a tone down, not for all, obviously support still could benefit without pushing balance. Or a outright removal of it and static/appropriate class running speeds

The flexibility of any class type to run any weapon diminishes the classes traits especially Recon vs Scout who are nearly identical but Recon has more health and gear. Why choose a Scout? There’s no obvious benefits over Recon.

The highest DPS weapons can be put in the secondary and primary slots, have extended clips, drum mags, some that double the mag to LMG stats, like 50 rounds, further increasing the issue of too much DPS out out by one person instead of a 4 stack team work. Again pushing team work. The DPS looks okay/non issue till you multiply by 4.

Same for gear but you’re already working on that, I have to reread for specifics but some purposed changes aren’t enough or addressing certain problems the “right way” (opinion)

There wouldn’t be a huge need for health buffs and nerfs and timing changes if classes where restricted to roles. Medics/assaults can carry heal but dont have the highest weapons or best reach, support is a power house but slower and can only heal himself with the 100 point syringe, no med pack but can with someone else’s med kit. But they have ammo. Scout is low hp but has high range, access to high powered rifles and faster than all. Recon could live up to its name maybe be the only red outline spotter but with only mid range capabilities.

Weapons and which can be restricted to class role and style. Removing SMGs and shottys from secondary slots making them primary for say recon pushes that spotting mobility role without making them a solo powerhouse. Same for other classes. Also revives pistols from the dead

That encourages/can force team work to cover ammo, health and spots and range (ideally but people are selfish dicks) but teams that dont will get eaten alive, rightfully so. Teams that do, will give the most trouble without completely reverse hunting. Predators that push their luck also get eaten alive by a good team or never win because teams make their extraction.

Snipers, keep to long range, eliminate the holos, red dots and anything below 6X scopes, keep them in the role of long ranges. Address recoil appropriately

ARs, opposites, nothing above a 4X scope. Again address recoil appropriately

SMGs, nothing beyond a Holo or red dot. Same with recoil

Reduce the drum mag count, double ammo in the mags is overboard. Or remove extended mags in general for certain guns. For an action movie sure its fun but unless you want slash DPS numbers on weapons significantly this could be the better way to address it.

Reducing the DPS per person but targeting at 4 stack level you can enforce team work. Loadouts and weapons are main source of that problem.

This can deal with Predators but not unfairly melt them due to OP loadouts that unfairly melt - not take down or melt - just unfairly.

4 person teamwork can and should be able to shred up the pred, not to extent some can right now, its over board at times.

Thats where predator tactics come in. The tried and true divide and conquer, single out.

If everyone on FT wants to run speedy glass cannons, or tanks thats okay, but once the heals are gone theres a problem - the team should have thought ahead. Even solo queuers, over time players can realize and adjust.

That being said, berserkers should lose their combis or have the swing combo nerfed.

Its basic mechanics/fundamentals like this that are core issues of the gameplay swaying one way or the other heavily.

Alot of weapons at full loadout are low risk/highreward right now. Extremely exploitable not in bug or glitch sense but a balance exploit.

Only one Predator is “spongy”, the berserker, the smaller two are not, specifically the Scout.

Predators should be addressed individually since there is only one in play, and three classes.

The issues that affect or are caused the berserker dont need to cause a domino effect to others.

Boars spawns make him too spongy, nerf HIS boar health or spawns, combi stick too strong, take it away or bring it line some other way but his kneecaping nerfs shouldn’t affect Hunters and Scouts who are in decent places with their set ups.

Nothing is a hard suggestion, just the idea I want to get across.

Note: I’ve been typing this through out my work day on my phone so excuse any bad grammar or spellchecks, and my tone if the wall of text seems angry, I’m not. Im just see things that few people dont seem to bring up.

I will try to clean it up when I get home on my computer or have my time to sit still.

1 Like

Reduce pred resistance or health. Just played 4 games 3 times got wiped by 2 berserkers that just tanked 2 .50 cal snipers and 2 lmgs jumping around healing jumping back in and tanking again this went on for 10 minutes till he ground pounded 2 people leaving the other 2 to just get destroyed because there was not enough dps. We managed to kill a single hunter class even then it took a considerable amount of amount between the 4 of us minigun should melt him while he is doing quick trophy but he just popped the head off and jumped away no problem came back too fast without healing that’s the only way we got him. Please work on balance man please

Damn he didn’t spared them !

For my part, I think the preds should never decloak except when they claims someone or obviously when they runs out of energy. In the movies preds didn’t decloaked while using the hand blades nor the spear. As a guy who played often FT, I can definitely tell you that it would be a thrill to hear the pred, wondering where he is, just to find out he’s behind me preparing a sneaky attack !

It could enhance the gameplay at the same time. Making it possible for preds to approches FT in more different manners, not just by spamming either slams or ranged weapons. ATM even if predators received a resistance buff they are still afraid to get too close to the FT. This is the kind of scary moments the devs needs to implement in the game. Same thing for the smart disc, it needs to be more efficient, not just more resistant or powerful.

2 Likes

There are no keybinds for predator weapons (unless you mean cycling which is not the same), there is for gear, not weapons.

And on an odd note, why does the predator have a keybind for reload?

1 Like

minigun is worst weapon against jumping predators. I never take this weapon. Take 3rd SMG or 3rd shotgun (AA-12). This weapons perfectly shread out predators when they try to kill one of your mates. Also if you play as Pathfinder FT you can try to take Revolver pistol. It has big bullet damage so if you good shooter and can shoot without misses, this will be your main weapon against pred. AK (Kalashnikov) is also good on short-medium distances especcially if you aim to Pred’s head(mask). Also try to parry predator by counter-attack by knife and do not stand like a statue when he run to you. run away with knife in hand and make sure that your mates are firing at him at that moment. Even Berserk can die very easily if he just rush you when you have full HP

Please add possibility to control Smart Disc by “WASD” buttons instead mouse. I know that joystick of PS4 controller is good for this but mouse is not

What about to add option to set camera behind Pred’s back or a bit higher behind his head instead left or right shoulder?

IDK how hard this to implement in current state. But I have idea to add possibility in graphic options for Predator to turn off “backlight” for trunks and branches which Predator can use for climb and run. Leave only hotkey on them which will tell that you can hit it and you will jump to tree

1 Like

-Need to toggle melee predator tracking in options //// I dont like it.
-Need Epic monster missions on map

-Need more predator weapons Spear Gun, Longer Wrist Blades,Whip

-Need to be able to throw War club and elder sword

-Need Ceremonial Dagger

-Need new Predator Class called Bad Bloods

-Need More Maps

-Need Stronger AI ( smarter )

-FT can throw knife as well ( and have a new class the samarui ) main slot is a sword secondary is whatever.

-Predator to be able to drag a downed opponent in tree and hang them with whip or rope and skin them. Gives Blood lust and increases Regen on energy and stamina by 100%

-In game currency increase for killed predator or FT members

• NEED MORE MAPS //// Even on different planets
    -Vehicles for FT ( vehicle can be destroyed but has as much hp as a 2 berserker predator ) or you can find motorcycles and jeeps, truck, convoyes

-Increased speed on disc with acceleration on
-FT can have a bazooka with 6 total uses 8 gear slots.
-Gernade launcher returned to normal with 12 total uses… max ammo is 6
-Spotting mechanic does not reveal predator but it can be spammed up to 8 times

DLC Ideas for Predator ( skin ideas and weapons included with each dlc)

-Broken TUSK- melee (leap slam dmg increased)
-Ghost- Increased (invis perk while moving)
-PRINCE- ( spear gun )
-ELDER-Duel whips ( able to grab one FT member with his synthetic head whips while attacking the FT.
-City Hunter-wrist blade mini discs
-WOlf- dual plasmas
-SCar- Ceremonial Dagger

These are ideas and I understand may be op… But its to be fun…

2 Likes

DesertDog has suffered a loss in the family but he will be updating this as soon as possible
In the meantime I will make notes of everything and see what we can work out to see what would be good, not enough, or too much.

darn sorry to hear that!

here are some things i would certainly add in the bug fixes

Fucking hell.

My sincerest condolences.

Focus and that stuff, worry about the game another time.