its getting worse and worse

So u think its normal that a game of 2020 realeses with 3 maps? and one game mode? imagine a normal team shooter is going to be realesed with 3 maps

1 Like

Wrong genre, this is entirely normal in asymmetrical multiplayer.
(I do wish it wasn’t)

They general add a map every 3 to 4 months in this genre.

———

More thoughts just in general…

If I was in their shoes my plan would be to drop one larger map now. Then every month for the next 3 months I’d drop night (even if lit by fires to make work) versions of the current maps.
With the next large update in 4 months, so December.

Even that might be a tight schedule to rework the existing maps. If it wasn’t and there was time, I’d also make stripped down versions, with nothing modern. Something purely jungle, add more ground cover and emulate the first movie’s density.

1 Like

It’s an independent studio during the middle of a Pandemic buddy.

PHG could’ve had release pushed back because of everything.

I’d rather have it released with 3 maps than not being able to play it at all.

3 Likes

NObody told you they have to pay ppl to work on maps?

Let me tell you Fornite is free and look at their business: Looks like what college stupids whip up during one of their mornings in a lab.

1 Like

Lol PH:G has a bit more nuance than fortnite @ADIsnap . They can’t just release a big open empty map with a building in it & some platforms. It’s not a team shooter, good maps are designed with balance in mind + missions, voicelines etc. Predkour struggles on backwater as is.

They could release a crap map if they wanted, make a ring around the reinforcement radio as the sole objective and call it “King of The Hill” but that would be lazy and bad.

3 Likes

I’m with @aaronBLUEeyes on this one. I knew exactly what to expect when I played the trial weekend, and although there were some bugs and such, I knew that “over time”, this would be a great Predator game.

I’m pretty happy with what we’ve got at the moment. Hell, I was mega happy when they released the Elder Predator in June. Was totally unexpected along with the level cap and that was a real treat for my inner fanboy. Yes, the game still sufferes from some really annoying bugs, yes it does become repetitive due to the lack of variety, but I know that over time, Illfonic really do care about the IP and I’m confident that by the end of the year it will be in a much better state.

With all the stuff that’s been datamined too, I’m rather happy with the direction the games going. I do agree that more communication would be great, but I really dont blame them sometimes due to the general toxicity of the community. Its a minority rather than the majority, but it’s quite frequent, especially on this forum.

I think were in good hands, and I’m really looking forward to more updates.

4 Likes

Next release will be substantial. Very substantial. There will be a number of fixes for some particularly annoying issues (ie Predators should no longer auto-snack on boars), and…

I’ll get myself into trouble. What I will say I’m expecting the next two weeks to be very exciting.

18 Likes

That would have been me. I won’t talk on specifics because nothing has been announced about the map other than it is inbound. I don’t want to take the wind out of the sails for the actual announcement. The crazy thing about IllFonic, as it stands in contrast to the rest of the industry, is how surprisingly not-toxic the internal culture is. So, I avoided sharing too many details not of fear of a negative outcome, but simply cause it’s not in the company’s best interest to completely ignore the announcement plans. It is on me, though, for trying to make my statement funny :p

We will share things when we can, and as the future comes, I hope we can help open up the gates a little more each time.

13 Likes

So…tomorrow when that update drops right?

That’s genuinely really great to hear.

Thanks for taking the time to address the concerns mentioned here.

I totally respect you not wanting to interfere with internal announcement plans. What I don’t quite understand is why the internal plans themselves seem to be as tight lipped as they are.

We’re not expecting any employees to disobey company policy. I think we’re just hoping company policy to be a little more ‘open & forthcoming’ with information. :)

3 Likes

Pls fix the wrist blade melee attack when you are trying to shoot an arrow with the Yautja Bow…

1 Like

giphy

@OldKingHamlet YOU SON OF A BITCH!! Lol. Thank you for the update! That one message consisting of just a few sentences, I’m sure is going to make a lot of fans extremely excited! I know it has for me! Roll on the next 2 weeks 😁😁

2 Likes

I figured that they had big plans glad to see my optimism wasn’t for nothing.

1 Like

Illfonic doesn’t handle F13 anymore, that has been passed off to Gun Media. And they can’t add any new content until the stupid lawsuit gets settled.

Did u know it was a lawsuit??

I hope so. Interest in playing PHG is really hurting.

No personal attacks people. It’s a fair thread and I don’t want to lock it.

3 Likes

To be clear, I don’t want to oversell the next release as the panacea that solves everything, but it is a solid move in the right direction. Stay tuned.

11 Likes

Was more of an accurate description than an insult… and incredibly odd that such a rule is being enforced now when the subject isn’t even here (afaik) but insults directed at actual members fly under the radar… but okay.

It’s turtles isn’t it? I like turtles.

All jokes aside thank you for the feedback. The games got It’s bugs but overall is a lot of fun and has so much potential. I look forward to seeing whats in store.