Lazy's Full Game Rework and Rebalance guide V2.0 INDEX (Not wip but also not final)

Hello, once again. My name is Lazy. Its good to be back.

Today I will be working on a revision to my rework guide. I will also be creating multiple posts and using this as the index of them all, because it will be easier to edit, and easier for others to read. I will also be able to avoid the character limit significantly (as I hit that on my 1.2 post)

Before I lay out the chapters and such, I want to describe the point of this rework. The kind of game I hope to reformulate this one into. The biggest issue I see with this game, Excluding the obvious performance issues and bugs, Is that the game, while it certainly has snippets of the soul it might have taken, Is ultimately fractured. We have a game that is not a predator game. Its evolve with a predator skin (for lack of a better comparison). This games design philosophy has failed on almost every level. My rework guide aims, not only to make it work again, but also to make it fun again. To make it feel like a predator game. Please, do read all of the chapters, as while they are seperate posts for my ease, they all compliment one another in some way.

Also before the chapters, I would like to lay out some of the most important things to take in from my rework. and realize how everything else works around that. The first thing is stealth, for both teams. Stealth needs to be a big thing, its a predator game afterall. Mix that with a balance around downing/second wind to try and keep the matches going without being unsatisfying, as well as bigger maps, and no more reinforcements, to keep the games longer, funner, and scarier. That is the atmospheric condition for this game I would like to invoke, and while it seems nothing short of a miracle, for a multiplayer game, I feel that it may be within our grasp already. we need only push for it.

Join me on an adventure.

CHAPTERS:

1. Match Length / Rewards

• General
  • Major Gameplay changes
  • Rewards

2. Fireteam objectives

• General
  • Stealth

3. AI

• AI behavior
  • AI types
  • AI spawns
  • Pigs

4. Fireteam

• Stealth
  • Spotting
  • Classes
  • Weapons
  • Gear
  • Other

5. Predator

• Stealth
  • Thermal
  • Classes
  • Weapons
  • Gear
  • Other

6. Perks

10 Likes

(insert oh shit here we go again meme)

also welcome back

2 Likes

@Courier @OldKingHamlet ☝️☝️ THIS!!

4 Likes

Its not ready yet dammit.

Its still an awesome baseline to work off though. 👍👍

2 Likes

TOO LATE I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.

Though, seriously, this looks pretty solid and interesting. Granted, I’m not one of the guys that gets to make final design decisions, BUT I am one of the guys that gets to pester people with links of what people want ;) So, keep at it and feel free to summon me again when you get this more where you want it: I’m super busy right now but I am interested on this topic.

10 Likes

@Lazycollinator well done dude. Your ideas are being recognized 👍

2 Likes

<3

3 Likes

OldKingHamlet is good people :D
It’s good to know efforts are being noticed.

1 Like

Tbh I hope we all realize that they are good people. I may heavily critisize or disagree with how some things are designed/handled, and while obviously whoever is making said decisions may take my comments personally, i dont see any specific person at illfonic (or any game studio) as bad. I just wanna see the game get better. And it hurts like hell to watch it fall like it has been. I think a lot of people on here feel the same. It may not seem it because of the negativity. But all of us are here because we give a damn. Its just hard at times to be perfectly civil when it pains you so greatly.

1 Like

I think as long as all criticisms are constructive, there’s no harm, and the Illfonic staff have a thick enough skin to understand and appreciate it.

1 Like

@Fire im not gonna play this update at least not for a while. Lemme know how both sides feel now yeah?

Bout the same, cept ft feels easier now.

Bane increase is why. Idk why they thought it was a good idea.

I keep crashing, I don’t think I’ve played one pred full pred match yet.

1 Like

Gotcha.

I thought that might be the case. Last man standing worries me. Its gonna make it all the harder to take down a coordinated FT before the reinforce.

2 Likes

Not particulary really… the idea here is waste it if its limited 1 time use when u reinforced

Its not limited right now though is it?

The shit that scares me the most is the stupid emp nades and UAV Scanner … but then again ill stick to the ground from now on lmao…

Wait ur kidding… they didnt make it so its one time per use… thats BS… im never giving them a chance to reinforce ever…

We will see what comes next. Still worries me greatly.

1 Like